You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-03 19:34:27

quiqueck

No linebreak in codeblocks

Hi

as i am reading the upgrade news on https://www.archlinux.org/ i saw that commands are sometimes longer as the appropriate Box.  So commands came out in to the Linklist on the right and arent completly readable. I have to maximize the window of the browser to get aware of the complete command.

What do you think about a commandline with linebreak, if it the necessary place isn't available? This could be done by a

white-space: normal;

in your css-file.

#2 2013-06-03 19:54:07

Xyne
Moderator/TU
Website

Re: No linebreak in codeblocks

Here's an example for those too lazy to resize their browser. tongue
archlinux.org-code_overflow.png

"white-space: normal;" will still enable correct copy-and-pasting but it may be visually confusing in some cases such as when a user is typing in the commands on one system while reading them on another. A scrollbar might be better albeit a bit ugly on the rare commands that require it.

p.s. You should open a ticket on the bug-tracker for this as the website admin (/= forum admin) might not see this otherwise.

#3 2013-06-03 20:22:38

quiqueck

Xyne wrote:

Here's an example for those too lazy to resize their browser. tongue

big_smile

Thanks for the picture.

Xyne wrote:

p.s. You should open a ticket on the bug-tracker for this as the website admin (/= forum admin) might not see this otherwise.

Oh, i have read Projekts and categories but found nothing related on Forum/Wiki.

So i am not sure if https://bugs.archlinux.org/ is the right one... it seems more package related.

*confusion of a newbe*

#4 2013-06-04 20:26:49

Xyne
Moderator/TU
Website

Select "Arch Linux" from the dropbox then click "Add new task". Select "Websites" from the category checkbox and fill out the rest of the form.

#5 2013-06-04 20:42:30

quiqueck

Thanks, done so.

Board footer