You are not logged in.

#26 2005-12-13 11:49:52

Gullible Jones

Re: Ugly, ugly Firefox bug

tempfs is not mounted. And I am definitely not using the Composite extension.

I think you're right about this being a Gecko problem... Occurs with Yelp too. Maybe it should be submitted to the Firefox devs?

#27 2005-12-13 12:12:52

rose

Gullible Jones wrote:

I think you're right about this being a Gecko problem... Occurs with Yelp too. Maybe it should be submitted to the Firefox devs?

YOU SHOULD HAVE TMPFS MOUNTED (in /dev/shm). Otherwise, systemv shared memory doesn't work and firefox and other apps have to transfer images through pipe.

#28 2005-12-13 14:04:23

Kern

had this "feature" myself a while back.

cant say when it disappeared as im not one for dragging windows all over the place often, but  after a full update  im now using firefox-devel 1.5rc3-2 with xfce4 and the problem has disappeared.

#29 2005-12-13 21:28:50

Gullible Jones

rose wrote:
Gullible Jones wrote:

YOU SHOULD HAVE TMPFS MOUNTED (in /dev/shm). Otherwise, systemv shared memory doesn't work and firefox and other apps have to transfer images through pipe.

The redraw problem is quite independent of whether tempfs is mounted, believe me. The screenshot at the beginning of the thread was taken with tempfs mounted. Thanks for the tip, though.

Kern wrote:

had this "feature" myself a while back.

cant say when it disappeared as im not one for dragging windows all over the place often, but after a full update im now using firefox-devel 1.5rc3-2 with xfce4 and the problem has disappeared.

That's rather interesting, as Firefox 1.5 final is identical to RC3. Well, without all the patches Arch sticks on it anyway... But none of those seem to have anything to do with redrawing widgets, etc.

#30 2005-12-14 08:26:34

rose

Gullible Jones wrote:

The redraw problem is quite independent of whether tempfs is mounted, believe me. The screenshot at the beginning of the thread was taken with tempfs mounted. Thanks for the tip, though.

Ok.

Board footer