You are not logged in.

#26 2013-02-17 21:05:52

frank604

Re: Cinnarch - your favorite distro with Cinnamon desktop

I love trying out spinoffs in virtualbox.  It's kinda neat to see how someone else configures their arch install in a live environment.  I can see the configs and extras they put in and use that for learning out of the box.  I'll give this a spin on my next adventure.  Thank you.

#27 2013-03-06 20:35:53

andesho91

As a curious user, anyone tried to take a Cinnarch installation and move to Arch? Or things like that? If not, well I am about to try as I can't seem to get the network card started on the Arch LiveCD.

Laptop: AMD A4-3305M, 4GB RAM, Archlinux 64bit with XFCE4 and Linux Mint Maya with MATE.

#28 2013-06-14 13:47:46

baronmax

andesho91 wrote:

As a curious user, anyone tried to take a Cinnarch installation and move to Arch? Or things like that? If not, well I am about to try as I can't seem to get the network card started on the Arch LiveCD.

Yep, that's what I did this latest time I installed, everything seems to be working beautifully.  But you really don't have to "move to Arch", Antergos (cinnarch) IS Arch.  It uses the arch packages and AUR.  There is an Antergos server listed in pacman.conf, which doesn't seem to really cause any problems.  I love doing it this way because everything is basically set up FOR me.  I've done the "from scratch" Arch dozens of times and I can pretty much do it from memory now, but this is really so much faster and easier, so if you're looking for a quick way to get into arch, this is a great method to use.

Archbang also works beautifully for that.

That being said, you might catch some flack on the forums if you do it that way, because it's not the way it's "supposed" to be done. 

Good luck.

Intel 980x| 24GB RAM| Arch + Cinnamon/i3
Intel 2600K| 8GB RAM| Arch + Awesome/XFCE
Intel Q740| 6GB RAM| Arch + XFCE/Cinnamon
AMD Phenom x6 1090T| Ubuntu/Winblowz (gaming)

Board footer