You are not logged in.

#26 2011-06-04 11:59:29

nikagra

Re: Eclipse Firefox and xulrunner

Hm, you are right. I don't like this fixes too, but I need working eclipse. Thanks for your answer

#27 2011-06-04 18:29:49

nikagra

I've done it! Now it works for Eclipse 3.6 Helios in Gnome 3! Simply download the required version of xulrunner (1.9.1 in my case) and move it to the appropriate folder. Follow instruction at XULRunner 1.9.1 Release Notes. I've added the following string to the eclipse.ini file too:

-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.XULRunnerPath=/opt/xulrunner/1.9.1

#28 2011-06-08 14:23:44

kynikos
Wiki Admin

#29 2011-08-01 12:59:23

hsn

theDOC wrote:

since gnome3 the webkit library name changed from libwebkit-1.0.so to libwebkitgtk-1.0.so, so I did

ln -s libwebkitgtk-1.0.so libwebkit-1.0.so.2

and

-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.UseWebKitGTK=true

works again

Thanks, This solved my problem.

#30 2011-08-11 14:35:29

evozniak

I can't fix this, I've tried tons of ways to make GWT Designer to work in arch.

Things that don't solve the problem
-ln -s libwebkitgtk-1.0.so libwebkit-1.0.so.2
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.XULRunnerPath=/opt/xulrunner/1.9.1
-Compiled xulrunner 1.9.xx from mozilla source
-Compiled libwebkitgtk from oficial source
-Downgrade xulrunner to 1.9 from ARM
-Downgrade libwebkit from ARM
-Update to BETA version of GWT Designer.
-Using eclipse from arch repo and oficial build
I'm using eclipse 3.7

With fedora and ubuntu the webkit symlink workaround solves the problem, idk why this not fix the problem in arch.

#31 2011-08-12 07:14:40

dikei

Go to Window -> Preference, search for web browser, then choose to use external webbrowser instead of the internal one.

#32 2011-08-12 08:31:38

evozniak

dikei wrote:

Go to Window -> Preference, search for web browser, then choose to use external webbrowser instead of the internal one.

Did not work.

When using internal browser with MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/lib/xulrunner-5.0/ I got this..
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-tls.c: 76: _dl_next_tls_modid: Assertion `result <= _rtld_local._dl_tls_max_dtv_idx + 1' failed!

I love Arch but this is the first time that I can't fix a problem, about a month trying to solve and nothing.. Considering move to fedora.

#33 2011-08-12 08:52:48

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

And what exactly have you tried to solve the problem?

evozniak wrote:

Considering move to fedora.

Good Luck.

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#34 2011-10-31 18:35:31

bmanuel

theDOC wrote:

since gnome3 the webkit library name changed from libwebkit-1.0.so to libwebkitgtk-1.0.so, so I did

That did it, thank you much!

#35 2011-11-27 15:26:17

putte_xvi

This change to WebKit seems to have broken the documentation popups – once you focus them with F2, they can't be dismissed with the escape key (although clicking still works). Is it only my system that has this issue? Is there another way of dismissing them, or do people simply reach for the mouse?

Anyway, it works with Gecko. To easily make Eclipse use Gecko again:

1. Download Mozilla's official build of Firefox 3.6.24.

2. Extract it to /opt/firefox-3.6.24.

3. Append the following to /usr/share/eclipse/eclipse.ini:
    -Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.DefaultType=mozilla
    -Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.XULRunnerPath=/opt/firefox-3.6.24

(There's also the third option of disabling browser support and making Eclipse use some sort of internal text view: set DefaultType to "mozilla" and XULRunnerPath to an incompatible or non-existent installation. This results in a working escape key but no images or links.)

#36 2013-07-31 16:56:16

kaptoxic

theDOC wrote:

and

-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.UseWebKitGTK=true

works again

Thank you a lot this fixed my problem (I had errors with external web browser and after this fix, I managed to turn on the internal one).

count-corrupt wrote:

This kind of fix has been destroying linux installations since the advent of shared libraries. In three days you will have forgotten about that link. But next time a piece of software on your machine looks for that library will think it found the version it was looking for while the one it actually found may export completely different symbols. Do this more regularly and your system will crash and behave randomly in no time and you will never be able to track this down. That's when you see people leaving their 'shitty' distro behind because 'I was just using it normally and all of a sudden, nothing worked - assholes'.

I work with eclipse a lot and often need more than one installation of it in different versions. On Windows that's no problem but on Linux, at least using a package manager it is. The only way we found it to work reliably across different distros and over major- the same as minor updates is to download the binary distribution of eclipse and tar -x it to /opt. We usually create a group 'eclipse' and chown the path to it. That way, every user on a system can use, update and modify it easily. And no distro update will monkey with that installation.

I agree, so I guess a better solution is to temporarily override LD_LIBRARY_PATH (so that the link that renames the library is included) before Eclipse is executed.

#37 2013-07-31 17:59:12

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

kaptoxic: please don't necrobump: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fo … Bumping.27

Closing

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Board footer