You are not logged in.

#1 2013-08-14 14:03:04

lagagnon
Website

Latest update to nVidia driver crashes graphics

Last update yesterday included the new nVidia driver (325.15-1), upgraded from 319.32-1. That breaks any graphics programs and screen goes weird and system completely freezes, requiring a cold boot.

I rolled back to old driver - all seems fine at the moment. Xorg logs tell me nothing. Chipset is nVidia C77 (GeForce 8200).

Any ideas on what I can do about this?

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

#2 2013-08-15 21:40:08

lagagnon
Website

Re: Latest update to nVidia driver crashes graphics

Still having nVidia driver problems. I tried downgrading to 319, having to use -Ud to get pacman to install nvidia-utils but that was even worse - borked my system almost completely. Is there a better way to easily downgrade the 3 required packages (nvidia-utils, nvidia-libgl and nvidia)?

Thanks in advance....

Larry

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

#3 2013-08-16 05:53:46

catseye

Re: Latest update to nVidia driver crashes graphics

Hello,

lagagnon wrote:

I rolled back to old driver - all seems fine at the moment. Xorg logs tell me nothing. Chipset is nVidia C77 (GeForce 8200).

take a look at my recent post in this forum.  It seems you have that same problem that I had with the recent nVidia driver update.

Last edited by catseye (2013-08-16 05:55:40)

Board footer