You are not logged in.

#1 2013-09-12 14:22:41

vadember

conflict between desktop and internet?

i have removed KDE because the desktop was unstable (sometimes the internet not start , other times, the icons works not) Maybe is an right/authority/access problem, because now with LXDE i have the same problem. If the internet start ( i use wifi with Wicd) the icons works no more, i can't do anything, but if the internet connection don't work, i can use my shortcuts. For example now, my shortcuts works after booting the system, but i musted start the internet via terminal with wifi-menu... In other case my computer connect to the internet later, and i can start some applications, but after the working connection, i can no more new applications start.
Any idea?
Thanks a lot.

#2 2013-09-12 15:20:11

ewaller
Administrator

Re: conflict between desktop and internet?

Whisky Tango Foxtrot? Over.

I read that thrice.  I have no clue what your problem may be.  What Icons? What Shortcuts?  What the heck is a shortcut?  What do you mean by [sic]"if the internet connection don't work, i can use the internet later, and i can start some applications" ??

I assume you are not a native English speaker.  That is okay, but please, you have to provide us with better information.  Be specific -- what application?  How do you know the Internet connection is, or is not working?  And for $DEITIES sake, please use your shift keys.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2013-09-12 18:50:46

vadember

Sorry,

yes, i'm not a native English speaker, but here the community is greater/bigger and is more chance to find a solution.
I don't found anywhere else solution for my problem, and I was thinking about, maybe is a good idea to try here.
But, no problem, I try to resolve myself.

#4 2013-09-12 19:03:56

ewaller
Administrator

We may be able to help.  Can you provide clarification?

Also, you may want to see if posting in our other languages forum in your native language helps.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#5 2013-09-12 23:44:27

cfr

One thing: do you have several different tools trying to manage your internet connection? You mention wifi-menu and wicd. wifi-menu uses netctl. Are you trying to use both netctl and wicd? They will compete with each other unless you make sure that one is completely disabled.

CLI Paste | How To Ask Questions

Arch Linux | x86_64 | GPT | EFI boot | refind | stub loader | systemd | LVM2 on LUKS
Lenovo x270 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz | Intel Wireless 8265/8275 | US keyboard w/ Euro | 512G NVMe INTEL SSDPEKKF512G7L

Board footer