You are not logged in.

#1 2013-10-23 21:31:22

hawaiicharles

Cannot mount multiple CIFS shares in /home

I have 2 users, Joe and Fred, who each have their own directory in /home.  I also have a Netapp filer with a CIFS share called CorpData, which has subdirectories for Joe and Fred.
On the Arch Linux box, I have this for my fstab:

#
# /etc/fstab: static file system information
#
# <file system> <dir>   <type>  <options>       <dump>  <pass>
# /dev/sda1
UUID=d93def89-7611-43c8-a74f-e20bee64bd7e       /               ext4            rw,relatime     0 1

//10.1.1.141/CorpData/joe        /home/joe   cifs    credentials=/etc/credentials,noserverino,_netdev,uid=joe,gid=users  0 0
//10.1.1.141/CorpData/fred       /home/fred    cifs    credentials=/etc/credentials,noserverino,_netdev,uid=fred,gid=users   0 0

The problem is that at boot time, Joe's directory will be mounted, but Fred's will not.  The reverse is true if I reverse the two entries in fstab.

If I issue the "mount -a" command after logging in, the second mount does get mounted, but also generates this error message:

mount error(16): Device or resource busy
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

I did refer to man mount, but since only the second mount is failing, I don't know what I could try differently.  There are many more directories in CorpData, so I don't want to just mount that entire share on /home.

#2 2013-10-24 19:51:58

hawaiicharles

Re: Cannot mount multiple CIFS shares in /home

Looking into this further, it seems that the server is not able to accept the second request so quickly after the first.  Is there any way to insert a delay or sleep command between the two mount entries in fstab?

Board footer