You are not logged in.

#1 2013-12-02 00:12:54

Ekki

First edit in the Wiki, please check

Hi.
Today I made my first edit in the wiki, and I would be grateful if someone could check for correctness on the contents (Bluetooth Keyboard)  and on correctness with the structure and formatting rules in the wiki.

The topic is:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bluetooth_Keyboard

This article used to be a stub with four lines of commands, without much (or any) explanation. I played the whole evening with a Raspberry-Pi w/ Arch linux and a BT keyboard and simply wrote down my findings. I am in no way an expert on BT keyboards (nor R-Pi).

Cheers,
Ekki

#2 2013-12-02 11:16:26

kynikos
Wiki Admin

Re: First edit in the Wiki, please check

Hi, welcome among the ArchWiki editors then!

I can't say much about the correctness of the information in the article, but about the "structure and formatting rules" there's a lot that could be imrpoved, based on Help:Style. For example:

* The "This article describes [...]" line should be moved before the first heading as it's an introduction
* You shouldn't use multiple line breaks to separate sections of the document; if you feel the need to do so, chances are high that you should use sub-sections
* The "# lsusb" code block should be made with Template:hc
* Examples on how to start/enable services are discouraged
* Use Template:Expansion instead of using "TBD" as a placeholder

Hope this helps as a start smile

#3 2013-12-02 13:03:31

x33a
Forum Fellow

Also, since the article now holds decent amount of information, the stub template can be removed.

#4 2013-12-02 17:23:52

Ekki

Hello Cynic  and x33a,
thanks for your replies, this was exactly the help I was looking for. I will look at the help pages in the wiki and change my formatting accordingly.

Hopefully I can contribute some more from time to time.

Cheers,
Ekki

Board footer