I saw a lot of misleading posts around the internet, so I figured I'd put down what worked for me in one thread :
- Download http://repo.steampowered.com/download/S … taller.zip
- Unzip this file to a folder, let's say steamos.
- Make iso using this command :
makeisofs -joliet-long -o steamos.iso <path to previously made steamos folder>
- Create new VM in virtualbox, attach this iso to IDE controller, and attach your VDI to the SATA controller
- Make sure you enable EFI & 3d acceleration, and any virtualization options that work with your processor
- Run through automated installation, when VM reboots go to recovery mode.
- Attach VirtualBox additions iso to VM.
- Mount and install linux additions with following commands
mount /media/cdrom sh /media/cdrom/VBoxLinuxAdditions.run
- Correct the UEFI boot location with the following commands :
cd /boot/efi echo "FS0:\EFI\steamos\grubx64.efi" > startup.nsh
Here FS0 indicates first disk, you might have to change this if you did an expert installation where you changed the target install disk to FS1 etc
- Reboot, and you're good to go !
If for any reason you get stuck on the EFI shell, you can boot by typing following command :
Last edited by anish (2013-12-16 04:40:27)