You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-06 18:58:59

henriqueleng

How not to post...

Hi, i'm using surf web browser, from suckless.

I'm trying to define a search engine, i applied the patch that i download on the website and i created the lines on config.h, but is not compiling!

Does anyone here use surf, and can help me?

Emacs - tmux - Cmus - Mutt - Lynx/w3m - ....

#2 2014-04-06 19:43:10

karol
Archivist

Re: How not to post...

Post the errors, the output from the compiler - anything ...

#3 2014-04-06 20:41:20

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Not a Programming issue, moving to NC...

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#4 2014-04-06 22:35:05

henriqueleng

jasonwryan wrote:

Edit a source code is not programming issue?

So wath it is

#5 2014-04-06 23:41:36

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

henriqueleng wrote:
jasonwryan wrote:

So wath it is

A question that includes the output of the patch command or other meaningful error/logs belongs in that board: pointless handwaving about "it's not compiling!" belongs here or (more likely) in the dustbin.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

#6 2014-04-07 00:18:07

henriqueleng

jasonwryan wrote:
henriqueleng wrote:
jasonwryan wrote:

So wath it is

A question that includes the output of the patch command or other meaningful error/logs belongs in that board: pointless handwaving about "it's not compiling!" belongs here or (more likely) in the dustbin.

But all my problem about "it's not compiling" its linked with c syntax problem. Its a programming issue, and the best place to find someone to answer is logically in the programming section!

And i see that in programming section have a lot of topics with question like this, and appear that you dont see any problem, if you want to follow the rules, do it to everyone!
If just i can't discuss about hacking a program like other people do in programming section, should have some problem with this forum!

#7 2014-04-07 00:37:35

headkase

henriqueleng,

I would suggest not arguing with an Administrator.  If he believes it should be here then just accept that and move on to solving your problem.  If you don't Bad Things™ tend to happen..

#8 2014-04-07 00:46:24

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

henriqueleng wrote:
jasonwryan wrote:
henriqueleng wrote:

So wath it is

But all my problem about "it's not compiling" its linked with c syntax problem. Its a programming issue, and the best place to find someone to answer is logically in the programming section!

And i see that in programming section have a lot of topics with question like this, and appear that you dont see any problem, if you want to follow the rules, do it to everyone!
If just i can't discuss about hacking a program like other people do in programming section, should have some problem with this forum!

You aren't "discussing" anything. karol asked you in #2 to paste code and, instead of that, you are blathering on like an incontinent poodle about how your thread deserves to be in a board for technical issues.

Here is a thought: why don't you post something technical?

You seem incapable of reading the link I provided about asking smart questions, so let me paraphrase: if you want help, ask an actual fscking question, and stop bleating about problems with the forum.

Let me be clearer. Your question is currently:

I'm trying to define a search engine, i applied the patch that i download on the website and i created the lines on config.h, but is not compiling!

So, the information we have to hand is that:

• patch applied after downloading from website

What patch? How was it applied? What website?

• created lines in config.h

What lines?

• it is not compiling

How are you compiling? What errors are you getting (note: specific and full errors, not some bullshit paraphrasing or truncated output that you think might be relevant).

Do you see a theme starting to emerge here? A certain feeling of a lack of adequate information? Perhaps even a complete absence of anything that even remotely resembles information? How is anyone supposed to help you, short of clairvoyance?

Let's recap: go back and read the link I posted. No, really, read it. Then reread this thread, all of it. Then, when you have thought about the conjunction of those two new and exciting learning opportunities that you have just experienced, paste the fucking code.

Oh, and don't even bother carping about where this thread is located, because it is staying here. I'm not going to delete it after all this typing, so if you keep baiting me I'll lock it and sticky it as a monument to help vampirism.

#9 2014-04-07 01:00:14

headkase

If this is going to be a stickied and locked post then this gif just has to be in it:

Admin User Mod

Don't mess with Admins.  Especially not jasonwryan as he pours so much effort into these forums and Arch in general.  Respect is key.

#10 2014-04-07 01:23:05

henriqueleng

jasonwryan wrote:
henriqueleng wrote:
jasonwryan wrote:

You aren't "discussing" anything. karol asked you in #2 to paste code and, instead of that, you are blathering on like an incontinent poodle about how your thread deserves to be in a board for technical issues.

Here is a thought: why don't you post something technical?

You seem incapable of reading the link I provided about asking smart questions, so let me paraphrase: if you want help, ask an actual fscking question, and stop bleating about problems with the forum.

Let me be clearer. Your question is currently:

So, the information we have to hand is that:

• patch applied after downloading from website

What patch? How was it applied? What website?

• created lines in config.h

What lines?

• it is not compiling

How are you compiling? What errors are you getting (note: specific and fuill errors, not some bullshit paraphrasing or truncated output that you think might be relevant).

Do you see a theme starting to emerge here? A certain feeling of a lack of adequate information? Perhaps even a complete absence of anything that even remotely resembles information? How is anyone supposed to help you, short of clairvoyance?

Let's recap: go back and read the link I posted. No, really, read it. Then reread this thread, all of it. Then, when you have thought about the conjunction of thhose two new and exciting learning opportunities that you have just experienced, paste the fucking code.

Oh, and don't even bother carping about where this thread is located, because it is staying here. I'm not going to delete it after all this typing, so if you keep baiting me I'll lock it and sticky it as a monument to help vampirism.

I agree with you, did i made a poor answer , but when i went to post my code you moved my topic away!
With my code or not, it continue to be a programming issue. A poor questioned programming question, but a programming question.

So why did you moved my topic,  would be better if you requested me for the codes and the errors, or to specify my question!
karol already did it, and you didn't waited.

Appear that you cannot solve a question how it should be done. You don't asked me about wath you are saying about, you just moved my topic, and its don't make sense for someone whoo are trying to avoid vampirism!
you are fighting the wrong way!

It is a poorly made question, but this is not the best way to improve it, or to combat this type of thing.

I did not want to spend my time to ask this question (wich was a mistake), And you to fix it!

if my question is poorly specified, is poorly specified. And not in the wrong section!

I'ts a poorly programming question!

Can you understand!

And please i don't pretend to continue this topic, you fucked with it!

Last edited by henriqueleng (2014-04-07 01:25:35)

#11 2014-04-07 01:24:11

henriqueleng

headkase wrote:

If this is going to be a stickied and locked post then this gif just has to be in it:

http://i.imgur.com/9FyBT.gif

Don't mess with Admins.  Especially not jasonwryan as he pours so much effort into these forums and Arch in general.  Respect is key.

Do you have any revelant opinion about this, appear tha no, so why are you here!?

Let me discuss cleanly!

Last edited by henriqueleng (2014-04-07 01:24:42)

#12 2014-04-07 01:29:56

headkase

henriqueleng wrote:
headkase wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/9FyBT.gif

Do you have any revelant opinion about this, appear tha no, so why are you here!?

Let me discuss cleanly!

I suspect English is not your first language from your writing.  Please just try to provide the information requested, as requested.  This thread is already dustbin material as it has meandered way too much to be indexed usefully by search engines.  Everyone here is doing their part for Free.  Capital F.  You, in turn, need to do your part and cooperate with the requests given to you.  So far you are resisting that responsibility.  Stop wasting people's time and post the requested information.

#13 2014-04-07 01:35:02

fukawi2
Ex-Administratorino
Website

henriqueleng wrote:

And please i don't pretend to continue this topic, you fucked with it!

We're clearly done here.

Closing, "as a monument to help vampirism."

Board footer