You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-20 09:30:17

jantonio2992

[SOLVED]Broadcom BCM4313 does not detect all wireless networks

EDIT:

I'm really sorry to the Arch forum users and to the admins for posting such easy problems which i could have fixed myself.

To solve this what i did was to change the channel on the router and its 802.11 mode. I turned my main machine on and it was doing the same as the machine i posted here first so it was two machines and so probably not a problem of the pc but of the router.

I don't know if this means my network cards are just bad or something else but it works now.

I'm having a problem with the computer on the title. When i try connect the computer over wifi(to my own network), it doesn't "see" my network. Sees all my neighbours networks but not mine. It was working till a couple of days ago.

lspci -k

05:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11bgn Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)
	Subsystem: Wistron NeWeb Corp. Device 051a
	Kernel driver in use: bcma-pci-bridge
	Kernel modules: bcma

rfkill list

0: samsung-wlan: Wireless LAN
	Soft blocked: no
	Hard blocked: no
1: samsung-bluetooth: Bluetooth
2: hci0: Bluetooth
3: phy0: Wireless LAN

I tried changing the encryption on the router from WPA&WPA2 to WEP and to WPA and i from TKIP&AES to simply AES but to no avail.

I also tried loading different modules still related to b43(like the legacy one) and installing the firmware from AUR.

Has this happen to anyone else?

I'm still trying to do this on the live iso so i can try as much stuff as needed and then i can just reboot and then do just what i need:)

thank you

Last edited by jantonio2992 (2014-07-20 11:22:03)

#2 2014-07-20 16:18:30

ewaller
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED]Broadcom BCM4313 does not detect all wireless networks

It sounds like your regulatory domain is not set correctly.   Not all channels are legal to use in all countries.  Perhaps your router had been using a channel legally, but your computer is unaware of its location, and was therefore ignoring the channel.  Also, I assume you are in the right band.  I don't know about your system, but thus ancient laptop does not work in the 5GHz band.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2014-07-20 18:10:36

jantonio2992

Re: [SOLVED]Broadcom BCM4313 does not detect all wireless networks

ewaller wrote:

It sounds like your regulatory domain is not set correctly.   Not all channels are legal to use in all countries.  Perhaps your router had been using a channel legally, but your computer is unaware of its location, and was therefore ignoring the channel.  Also, I assume you are in the right band.  I don't know about your system, but thus ancient laptop does not work in the 5GHz band.

Thank you for shedding some light on the subject, but actually the channels the router permits are through 2.412 to 2.472 (more less, i think that writing here 13 frequencies wont help anyone smile ), and what i did was look on my working laptop, the channel for the networks around the house and select on my router a channel that wouldn't be the same, but i think the router has a built in tool to do this.

Board footer