You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-09 17:23:10

cppnap

New in Archlinux - can't install PlayOnLinux - batterylife [SOLVED]

Hey fellas,

i am completeley new in the archlinux world. I installed Arch today on my Laptop Thinkpad T440s and just have to say: Wow! This distribution looks so awesome for me. After some issues at the installation it runs so smooth and fast and almost everything out of the box.
I installed Kubuntu 14.04 before and it was lagging and stuttering all the time while Arch with KDE is so awesome fast and smooth. I almost thought, that my laptop is to slow for KDE, but Arch showed me, that it isn't. Pretty awesome this distribution so far, that's the first i'll have to say to you guys! smile

So from now i have some questions:

at first i can't install PlayOnLinux - i don't know why but he's saying that the package has some unresolvable dependencies - nothing more he's saying sad

My 2nd question is, how can i optimize my batterylife and how is it possible that KDE will show me the time for how long the battery will run

3rd question: do you have any advice for me what i'll have to install on the system to make my life with Arch more comfortable?

Thank you very much and sorry for my bad english big_smile

Last edited by cppnap (2014-11-09 18:51:09)

#2 2014-11-09 17:51:40

clfarron4
Website

Re: New in Archlinux - can't install PlayOnLinux - batterylife [SOLVED]

cppnap wrote:

at first i can't install PlayOnLinux - i don't know why but he's saying that the package has some unresolvable dependencies - nothing more he's saying sad

My 2nd question is, how can i optimize my battery life and how is it possible that KDE will show me the time for how long the battery will run

3rd question: do you have any advice for me what i'll have to install on the system to make my life with Arch more comfortable?

Can you post the full output of what pacman is saying when you run "pacman -S playonlinux" please?
Also, did you update your repositories before trying to install it?
And the "wine" package requires that you have the [multilib] repository enabled in /etc/pacman.conf. Have you done this?

I'll leave the other two questions for now.

We're not all guys on this forum either  wink

Last edited by clfarron4 (2014-11-09 17:55:07)

Claire is fine.
Problems? I have dysgraphia, so clear and concise please.
My public GPG key for package signing
My x86_64 package repository

#3 2014-11-09 18:13:28

cppnap

clfarron4 wrote:

And the "wine" package requires that you have the [multilib] repository enabled in /etc/pacman.conf. Have you done this?

nope i forgot - working fine now, thank you very much smile

#4 2014-11-09 18:39:21

karol
Archivist

Please remember to mark the thread as solved https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=130309

Board footer