You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-15 21:18:49

Sivert3

Packaging xen 4.5

Hello, I'm running a Xen server with a few virtual hosts on it and due to the not so very resent move to systemd the 4.4 version of xen didn't work very well. So I went to AUR for xen 4.5 unstable using the xen-git package. Long story short, that didn't work out very well either. After scratching my head for a long time on that PKGBUILD I'd made so many changes to it, just to make it build, that it would have taken less time to start from scratch. Which I then did. I bumped into a few bugs that I hacked around to get it running.

That was about 4 months ago, and I haven't done anything with the package since then. Now that Xen is closing by a 4.5 release, RC4 should be released today and there is also a test day for it on the 17th of December. Which might add valuable testing reports if I can get my package updated in time.

I assume this would be okay. And that I can publish my PKBUILD for xen 4.5 RC4 (when it's done, haven't started yet) on AUR as xen-rc. I also want some feedback on the package, obviously after the package is published. Am I good to go, or am I missing something important? I'm sort of new to all this.

#2 2014-12-15 22:12:36

fukawi2
Ex-Administratorino
Website

Re: Packaging xen 4.5

Sivert3 wrote:

I can publish my PKBUILD for xen 4.5 RC4 (when it's done, haven't started yet) on AUR as xen-rc.

As long as there is a significant difference between "xen-git" and your "xen-rc" then that's perfectly fine smile

Board footer