Re: Suggestion regarding website usability, and the AUR

Phrakture is my hero. Now I'm going to give everyone a few guidelines:

KISS

Dusty

#27 2006-03-15 20:02:57

codemac
Website

My Weekend = Website rerererererererereredesign!

#28 2006-03-15 20:14:47

elasticdog
Website

I'm still interested in working on a redesign myself...unfortunately ever since that original thread mentioned by Dibble, I've been working 60 hours a week and going to school full time, so it's hard to get side-projects done.  I think the theme contest is a great idea to get some concepts out there.  Hopefully I can set aside some time to help out, but my schedule never seems to be set in stone these days...

#29 2006-03-16 08:29:14

dtw
Forum Fellow
Website

I generally dislike the idea of a contest as I would prefer to promote team work over individual ego stroking but seeing as this is a visual design rather than coding exercise I guess everyone can join in and it has a much better "brainstorming" kind of air - which I think is great big_smile

Aside from that Phrak, can I be kept well in the loop?  I assume I will have to implement the code changes (when they happen) and it's nice to be kept up to speed.

#30 2006-03-16 16:28:28

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

Meh, contests make males want to join.  It's a psychological trick 8)

And yes, this is purely visual, which is why I even allow images, and not purely html - the actual code changes will be done at a later date.

I'll keep the status here.

#31 2006-03-17 02:35:47

magnum_opus

whatever happens could we keep the package directory as the focus of the front page. I really like not having to dig through menu's to search for a package (which i spend an inordinate amount of time doing despite pacman -Ss, to much time on other operating systems thinking about arch)

#32 2006-03-21 21:04:14

test1000

magnum_opus wrote:

whatever happens could we keep the package directory as the focus of the front page. I really like not having to dig through menu's to search for a package (which i spend an inordinate amount of time doing despite pacman -Ss, to much time on other operating systems thinking about arch)

lol. I think it's called "computer addiction". big_smile

KISS = "It can scarcely be denied that the supreme goal of all theory is to make the irreducible basic elements as simple and as few as possible without having to surrender the adequate representation of a single datum of experience." - Albert Einstein

#33 2006-03-22 03:35:09

McQueen

magnum_opus wrote:

whatever happens could we keep the package directory as the focus of the front page.

It should maintain a focus, but right now it seems to be from a visual standpoint _the_ singular and defining purpose of the website, and for that matter Arch itself. There is so much more to Arch than is being shown and new visitors should get that point right away. The picture they are left with at this point is so very incomplete.

/path/to/Truth

Board footer