You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-22 00:43:14

beretta

[Solved] xfce appearance style, icons, and mouse don't change

I've been searching for a while for an answer to a problem that recently appeared on my machine.

Using xfce, I can no longer change the style or icons from the appearance app, nor can I change the mouse cursor theme. Installed themes appear in the list correctly, but nothing changes when I switch between themes. All of these seem to be stuck on the default appearance, rather.

I am, however, able to change the window manager theme without problem.

At first, it appeared much like this problem, where the selected mouse theme would appear over some windows, but not over others. Now, nothing changes at all, and the suggested solutions don't seem to work. None of the threads I've found describe any issues with the style or icons like I'm seeing, either.

Has anyone seen something like this before? Any hints where to poke next?

Last edited by beretta (2012-11-22 01:13:33)

#2 2012-11-22 01:13:20

beretta

Re: [Solved] xfce appearance style, icons, and mouse don't change

And.. I need to extend my patience threshold for problems by another day or two.

The issue was a faulty .config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce4-perchannel-xml/display.xml.

I found it by moving the .config/xfce4 directory and starting over-- immediately I could see that things were working as expected again, so I started comparing the two.  I believe the problem came from using the nvidia settings app to adjust for a second monitor I added the other day-- the app is crashing on me when I try to adjust the settings. The problems started appearing shortly after that, and in conjunction with messing around with new mouse cursors.

In any case, my problem is solved; thanks, all!

#3 2015-05-01 20:38:48

Re: [Solved] xfce appearance style, icons, and mouse don't change

Dude! I just had the exact same problem (after touching some nvidia settings stuff for an additional monitor) and you provided me with such a fast answer that I created an account on this forum just to thank you more than 2 years after. Thanks!

Board footer