You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-25 00:39:53

j33205

[SOLVED] New gksudo behavior not functioning

Hello. I use 'gksudo' to invoke various programs as su without terminal (e.g. Geany, SpaceFM), nothing special. But as of late I haven't been able to do that, instead of asking for the sudo password it just throws a notification telling me "Granted permissions without asking for password". And when I hit the 'Close' button, the window disappears and nothing else happens, the program I was trying to open never opens. I don't get a hung process or anything, the system doesn't even appear to be "thinking" about opening it. I checked the "Don't show me again" box once and now I obviously get no notification, but no program either still. When I try to gksudo a program open now the system does absolutely nothing, I might get a loading cursor for a second but that's it, then nothing.

I haven't been able to find anything on such problems yet so I came here. I did find [SOLVED] gksudo, "Granted permissions without asking for password" but he talks specifically about power options and he no problems actually running the commands with the new behavior. And the wiki he links doesn't really help me. Is there a way that I can get gksduo working again, preferably how it used to (with passwd prompt every time) but I'll accept the new behavior as well, I just want it to open programs again.

Last edited by j33205 (2015-07-25 01:36:39)

#2 2015-07-25 00:57:40

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

Re: [SOLVED] New gksudo behavior not functioning

Update your system, I think that problem was fixed in a update a few days ago.
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=200052
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=130309

#3 2015-07-25 01:36:22

j33205

Re: [SOLVED] New gksudo behavior not functioning

Got it, it works now, thank you. I could've sworn that I updated within the last two days, but apparently not. And I'm surprised I didn't do it before coming here; it actually came to mind but I've been kinda out of it today so I forgot.

Sorry for the repost.

Board footer