You are not logged in.

#1 2006-04-16 21:00:28

onzlaught

fglrx and custom kernel 2.6.16

I know that there are a lot of post about this issue in the forum, but i couldn't find a solution, and believe me, I`ve spent about 4 hours looking through the forum and google (maybe im a little dumb) with no results!
The problem is that i can't compile the ATI driver under the kernel version 2.6.16, i tried with the patched version from the pacman repositories (actually it compiles, but hungs my system badly) and with the official ATI release...
Also under the 2.6.15 kernel the ati-fglrx pacman package didn't worked neither the one from ATI, i get unresolved symbols, but i managed to make it work by mergeing some files from both packages!
So, was anyone able to make the FGLRX driver (8.23.7) work under the latest kernel??

PD: Now i`m going to try with the new 8.24.8 arch linux release! And sorry for my bad english! XD

#2 2006-04-18 00:04:15

eddy

Re: fglrx and custom kernel 2.6.16

hi there
i also had some probs with installing those drivers (8.23.7) with a custom kernel (custom beyond). This thread fixed my probs
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php? … highlight=
The essential part of this was to compile my kernel from source and to then do the 'symlink trick' as described in the post. Hope it helps

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new (Albert Einstein)
Specs PC:   P4,2.8GHz,HT;1GB DDR;ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128Mb
          Laptop:PM, 1.5GHz;512DDR;ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 64Mb

Board footer