You are not logged in.

#1 2006-04-24 07:37:04

subatomic

NAS FTP and DYNDNS anyone?

my girlfriend has a NAS server attached to the router and wants access without having to run her laptop all day and night, which is the way I would want it.

Her router supports dyndns and we've forwarded port 21 to the NAS which has built-in FTP. The problem is when we access it over dyndns we get the http NAS configuration and not the shares!

so, we can access the shares directly over FTP with an FTP client or HTTP
and we can connect to the NAS over DYNDNS but only to the setup not to the shares.

anyone with an answer?

#2 2006-04-24 15:23:03

FUBAR
Website

Re: NAS FTP and DYNDNS anyone?

Something tells we'll be needing the brand and model of both your router and your NAS.

Maybe you've setup your dyndns account incorrectly. Especially since it does work correctly when you connect to the IP.

A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation.

#3 2006-04-24 18:04:26

subatomic

Re: NAS FTP and DYNDNS anyone?

The NAS is a Buffalo Link Station 160 and the router is from Sphairon.

When we don't forward port 21 we get the router setup and I believe this is what is intended by the router, to remotely access and configure it. So it (almost) makes sense that we access the same level on the NAS when the port is forwarded via HTTP. Obviously if there were server software on the first IP (router) we would be there already, so I'm thinking the router is not forwarding for FTP correctly. Unfortunately the NAS device has only FTP and not HTTP built in.

Board footer