You are not logged in.

#1 2004-02-24 14:46:30

w0rm

Problems bringing up my ADSL connection with mu own kernel

Hey guys,
I got some problems.
I'm running arch linux (v0.6) 4th day already and I think this distro is awesome. Now about my problem.
When I've installed arch linux i've installed a IDE kernel from CD. it's v2.4.21. Like always, everything runs well except my sound card. I can use the internet with it, but I need sound (DOH! wink. So I decided to compile my custom kernel (v2.4.25). In menuconfig I select everythink that my computer needs (Realtek card drivers, sound drivers (my soundcard is SBAWE 32) and other things.) When I boot new kernel I can't bring up my ADSL connection. I use a PPPoE mode ([computer] ->- [eth0] ->- [adsl splitter] ->- [adsl modem] ->- [telephone line]). When I compile kernel I compile in (not as a module) ppp and pppoe support. I use rp-pppoe software to connect to the internet. It just can't bring my adsl connection up sad Maybe I forgot something to compile in my kernel? I've compared the new kernel's /proc/pci with the old /proc/pci... all information is the same.
Can you suggest me something?
p.s. my adsl modem is Ericcson HM210dp

knowledge is p0wer...

#2 2004-02-24 15:34:10

sarah31
Website

Re: Problems bringing up my ADSL connection with mu own kernel

what errors are you getting? what rp-pppoe are you using (arch's or self installed)? etc

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#3 2004-02-24 16:01:25

w0rm

Re: Problems bringing up my ADSL connection with mu own kernel

ah nevermind, problem solved. I recompiled kernel 1hr ago, and compiled in support for "async" and "sync" ports (or smth like that). now everything is OK. :twisted:

knowledge is p0wer...

Board footer