You are not logged in.

#26 2015-12-01 04:24:07

Fackamato

Re: A2DP Bluetooth headset issues with PulseAudio 6.0

quequotion wrote:

I'm really getting tired of jumping through hoops of whatever nonsense the pulseaudio & bluez devs come up with during each release that breaks headsets again. Seriously again? What do I have to do this time?

I don't have gdm installed at all.

If the problem is pulseaudio's modules loading before X11, restarting pulseaudio should suffice as a workaround; it doesn't.

There's something missing that would enable a2dp profiles.... a library? a configuration option? a third-party configuration tool that both dev teams assume to exist but actually does not (like the last time headset support was destroyed)?

Edit: Found it.

For the time being, the A2DP profile will only made be available when a bluetooth device has been connected by explicitly giving the "connect" command in bluetoothctl.

Thank you for this. However, it worked for me with a Sony SBH80 headset by using Blueman, disabling any output profile, then enabling the A2DP. Switching from whatever was default to A2DP would give an error message.

#27 2016-01-10 15:45:16

andrea.furin

In DEBIAN I've found a solution: if it can be useful (but remember: IN DEBIAN)

Debian 8 Jessie.
I've found a way to use pc like an headset with Android phone (for making callings).
!!! I've use pulseaudio from jessie-backports: I don't know how much this takes risks ;-) !!!

In /etc/apt/sources.list add:

deb http://ftp.jp.debian.org/debian/ jessie-backports main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.jp.debian.org/debian/ jessie-backports main contrib non-free

$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install pulseaudio=7.1-2~bpo8+1 pulseaudio-utils=7.1-2~bpo8+1 \
    pulseaudio-module-x11=7.1-2~bpo8+1 pulseaudio-module-bluetooth=7.1-2~bpo8+1 \
    libpulse-mainloop-glib0=7.1-2~bpo8+1 libpulsedsp=7.1-2~bpo8+1 libpulse0=7.1-2~bpo8+1 \
    libpulse0:i386=7.1-2~bpo8+1

create a file (with same ownership of /var/lib/gdm3) (create directories if necessary)
/var/lib/gdm3/.config/pulse/client.conf

autospawn = no
daemon-binary = /bin/true

[http://www.gem.mydns.jp/daitei/linux/jessie/bt-headset/]

Install "ofono"

in /etc/pulse/default.pa
modify the line:
load-module module-bluetooth-discover
in:
load-module module-bluetooth-discover headset=auto

Restart pulseaudio:
killall -9 pulseaudio
(is not necessary "pulseaudio --start" because from pulseaudio 6 it will restart automatically)

About parameters of "load-module module-bluetooth-discover":
headset=native -> only a2dp
headset=ofono -> only headset
headset=auto -> a2dp and headset !!!

Check this command:
pactl list cards

Good luck

Last edited by andrea.furin (2016-01-12 14:20:48)

#28 2016-01-10 19:54:24

andrea.furin

Last edited by andrea.furin (2016-01-11 19:47:02)

#29 2016-01-10 20:16:34

ewaller
Administrator

andrea.furin,

Welcome to Arch Linux and for your contributions.  You need to sanitize them somewhat.  The instructions you are giving are not relevant here, we use pacman as our package manager and we use the AUR for non-native packages.

Configurations releated to Debian, or the use of apt-get are not only wrong, they are likely to cause confusion and breakage amongst Arch Linux users.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#30 2016-01-11 18:39:40

quequotion
Website

Jibun no CHANGELOG wo eigo demo kaitekuremasen ka?

#31 2016-01-16 14:27:42

cheflo

For Gnome and GDM, there is a workaround mentioned in the Arch Wiki, which enabled A2DP for me:

If PulseAudio fails when changing the profile to A2DP while using GNOME with GDM, you need to prevent GDM from starting its own instance of PulseAudio. Apply the same fix as shown in #Connecting works, but I cannot play sound.

That is:

$ mkdir -p ~gdm/.config/systemd/user
$ ln -s /dev/null ~gdm/.config/systemd/user/pulseaudio.socket

#32 2016-01-19 12:28:06

gabriwinter

quequotion wrote:

I'm really getting tired of jumping through hoops of whatever nonsense the pulseaudio & bluez devs come up with during each release that breaks headsets again. Seriously again? What do I have to do this time?

I don't have gdm installed at all.

If the problem is pulseaudio's modules loading before X11, restarting pulseaudio should suffice as a workaround; it doesn't.

There's something missing that would enable a2dp profiles.... a library? a configuration option? a third-party configuration tool that both dev teams assume to exist but actually does not (like the last time headset support was destroyed)?

Edit: Found it.

For the time being, the A2DP profile will only made be available when a bluetooth device has been connected by explicitly giving the "connect" command in bluetoothctl.

Thank you so much for this! I've been struggling to find out what was going on with A2DP too long.

Any workaround to get AD2P profile automatically selected?

#33 2016-02-07 03:42:42

Seigfried

I just tried this fix on my headset (UE9000). With Bluez 5.37-2 and PA 7.1-3 in Gnome (with GDM) my headset seems to keep the A2DP profile between disconnects.

#34 2016-02-07 12:41:08

WorMzy
Forum Moderator
Website

As this topic was created to deal with a problem introduced in the 6.0 release of pulseaudio, and we are now on the 8.0 release, I suspect the goalposts have moved significantly, and a lot of the information in this topic is now out-of-date. If there is a similar problem with the 8.0 release, please open a new topic, and feel free to link back to this one if some of the information is still relevant. Thanks.

Closing.

Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

Board footer