You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-16 14:59:27

bijanbina
Website

ByPass Audio Jack Detection [SOLVED]

Hi
Recenty I bought a new motherboard Gigabyte Z170-D3H (Realtek ALC1150)
After connecting front panel audio via HD Audio cable to mainboard and plug in headphone. Gnome sound not detect it. But if you push the jack really hard OS detect it (see attachment).
I find a option in our rival, windows, in the Realtek software that disable front panel jack detection. So the headphone is always enabled and I can flawlessly listen to my music.

So I wonder if there is similar option in linux that I can enable front panel without waiting for jack detection.

-----------
p.s: the jack is working fine and only the detection part is say, loosy. and also it's deep inside the case so i cannot bring it out and just fix it. nonetheless if there is any option
like short circuit some wires on cable or on mainboard plug (connector?) I appreciate it.

2zi24ie.png

Last edited by bijanbina (2016-03-16 18:05:28)

#2 2016-03-16 16:00:58

ewaller
Administrator

Re: ByPass Audio Jack Detection [SOLVED]

Fire up alsamixer.  Select your sound card (it probably defaults to PulseAudio).  Look for controls that can be enabled/disabled, like "Auto-Mute Mode" and see if changing their state is of any help.  Without automute, you may need to manually unmute all the channels and run their volumes up.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2016-03-16 18:04:52

bijanbina
Website

Re: ByPass Audio Jack Detection [SOLVED]

WoW, Work like a charm
Thank you....

Board footer