You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-22 06:59:21

DeanoFury

Error while provisioning Samba AD

Hi Everyone,

I am a new user to Arch (but have been using Linux for years) I am trying to provision a machine with Arch as a Samba AD DC. I followed the instructions on the Wiki and it was going very well until I tried to provision the domain and I encountered this.

Fixing provision GUIDs
ERROR(runtime): uncaught exception - pytalloc_reference_ex() called for object type not based on talloc
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py", line 175, in _run
    return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/domain.py", line 442, in run
    nosync=ldap_backend_nosync, ldap_dryrun_mode=ldap_dryrun_mode)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/provision/__init__.py", line 2172, in provision
    skip_sysvolacl=skip_sysvolacl)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/provision/__init__.py", line 1864, in provision_fill
    attrs=['defaultObjectCategory'])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/dbchecker.py", line 138, in check_database
    error_count += self.check_object(object.dn, attrs=attrs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/dbchecker.py", line 1358, in check_object
    normalised = self.samdb.dsdb_normalise_attributes(self.samdb_schema, attrname, [val])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/samdb.py", line 672, in dsdb_normalise_attributes
    return dsdb._dsdb_normalise_attributes(ldb, ldap_display_name, ldif_elements)

I have done some googling and it seems as though there might be a bug in the 2.1.6 version of talloc. I tried to downgrade to talloc 2.1.5 from the archive but that version isn't compatible with the rest of the samba package.

Any ideas? has anyone else seen this?

Thanks

Dean

Board footer