You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-27 17:00:58

Archeon

[SOLVED] nm-connection-editor with openvpn warning/error

I have imported an openvpn configuration into nm-connection-editor and entered the correct login username/password however every time that I connect to the internet, it asks for the password.  I just ran nm-connection-editor from terminal, edited my vpn connection and tried to enter the password again, and this is the output that I got.  Is there a way to fix this so that it will remember my vpn's login password?

$ nm-connection-editor
Gtk-Message: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged.

** (nm-connection-editor:7591): WARNING **: Unsupported connection type 'generic'
** Message: Cannot save connection due to error: Editor initializing...

** (nm-connection-editor:7591): WARNING **: Failed to get zones from FirewallD: (2) The name org.fedoraproject.FirewallD1 was not provided by any .service files

(nm-connection-editor:7591): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_size_group_add_widget: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

Last edited by Archeon (2016-03-28 05:09:59)

#2 2016-03-27 18:55:43

firecat53
Website

Re: [SOLVED] nm-connection-editor with openvpn warning/error

Sometimes it's due to a missing keyring dependency, but you can typically go edit the connection file and put the password in.  Go to `/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/<name of VPN profile>` and add a section vpn-secrets:

[vpn-secrets]
password=your password

Also make sure the username is in the [vpn] section. It might be called 'username=' or 'user=' depending on the type of VPN.

Scott

#3 2016-03-28 05:09:41

Archeon

Re: [SOLVED] nm-connection-editor with openvpn warning/error

firecat53 wrote:

Sometimes it's due to a missing keyring dependency, but you can typically go edit the connection file and put the password in.  Go to `/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/<name of VPN profile>` and add a section vpn-secrets:

[vpn-secrets]
password=your password

Also make sure the username is in the [vpn] section. It might be called 'username=' or 'user=' depending on the type of VPN.

Scott

Thanks! After following your advice and changing password-flags from 1 to 0, it now works properly.

[vpn]
password-flags=0

Board footer