You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-28 20:15:16

mastorak

[SOLVED-sort of]Weird problem with networking on certain requests

Bare with me for a second.
I am accessing a wordpress dashboard hosted in a godaddy managed wordpress installation. When accessing the dashboard using Arch many parts don't load correctly and many of the requests timeout.
And now to the weird part:

• From Windows in a VM  with NAT network it has the same problem

• From Windows in a VM with Bridged Adapter it works correctly

• From Windows on dualboot on the same machine it works correctly

• From Ubuntu on Live CD it has the same problem

• From a Macbook on the same network it works correctly.

This shows that there is some Arch/Linux networking issue that is bypassed by the bridged adapter in Windows on the VM as in bridged networking mode, all traffic goes through the physical interface of the host system(In this case Arch).
The problem was the same when running from the Ubuntu live CD on the same machine again showing something is wrong on the Linux side, either on the driver or some default configuration.
It is not browser related as I 've tried all browser/OS combinations.
Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82579V Gigabit Network Connection (rev 05)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

EDIT: syntax/spell correction

Last edited by mastorak (2016-03-30 17:48:43)

#2 2016-03-30 17:47:51

mastorak

Re: [SOLVED-sort of]Weird problem with networking on certain requests

I tried the GoDaddy wordpress dashboard on different machines/distros  in different networks and it was not functioning properly in any of them so it was not an issue with my Arch desktop.
Even though, after trying to troubleshoot it for 2 days, I still don't have the slightest idea what can be wrong, my conclusion is that this is an issue with GoDaddy managed wordpress dashboard and not Arch or any other Linux distro.
The fault lays with GoDaddy and not Arch/Linux. My solution to the problem is that I canceled my hosting plan with them.

Last edited by mastorak (2016-03-30 21:00:24)

Board footer