You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-02 22:29:46

ablip

Setup 802.1X wired with connman

My college employs a RADIUS server that authenticates with PEAP (MSCHAPV2), and we have to login using our college credentials.

Here are my connection details. However, connmanctl shows my wired connection status as AR*, and the ip address assigned is 169.254.*.* What am I doing wrong? Is one of these options case sensitive? The name I'm providing is the name of the wired connection that connman shows.

connman, wpa_supplicant and pptpclient are the latest version as of today. I can connect to the network via NetworkManager.

Under /var/lib/connman/example.config :

[ethernet_b82a72b5a2d6_cable]
Type=ethernet
Name=ethernet_b82a72b5a2d6_cable
CACertFile=
EAP=peap
Phase2=MSCHAPV2
Identity="identity"
Passphrase="password"

Thank you for taking the time to help me out.

Last edited by ablip (2016-04-02 22:32:04)

#2 2016-04-02 23:35:35

ajbibb

Re: Setup 802.1X wired with connman

For one thing the service section (inside the []) is wrong.  The entry there must be in the form [service_*] where * is the name you give the service.  I also suspect that if you are to going to have a CACertFile entry that you need to provide a path to the cert file. 

The document at this link has a lot of information about the format of the connman provisioning file: http://git.kernel.org/cgit/network/conn … format.txt

edit: If you make the service name the same name as the default wired connection, for instance [service_ethernet_b82a72b5a2d6_cable] then you won't be able to use the automatic default connection anywhere else.  This may not be an issue for you, but for more flexibility you could also give the university connection a different name, for instance [service_university]

Last edited by ajbibb (2016-04-03 00:58:03)

Board footer