You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-18 02:57:35

cjdeaton

NDISWrapper Issues

Hello everyone.

I'm having issues with ndiswrapper. I've followed the instructions on the Wiki to no avail. I'm attempting to work with a Netgear WNDA3100v2 USB wireless adaptor. I've downloaded the appropriate *.inf and *.sys files from post #6 of this Ubuntu Forums thread. I've used these exact files with the exact same USB adaptor under openSUSE Leap awhile back with ndiswrapper and everything worked perfectly. However, under Arch, I'm experiencing some difficulties.

"# ndiswrapper -i bcmn43xx64.inf" gives me:

couldn't find SourceDisksFiles section - continuing anyway...
installing bcmn43xx64 ...

Following with "ndiswrapper -l" produces this:

bcmn43xx64 : driver installed
device (0846:9011) present

Once all is said and done, NetworkManager picks up the wireless interface and can find wireless networks. As my testing has gone, it connects to unprotected networks without a problem, but chokes on my WPA2-protected home network. It attempts to connect for awhile, then prompts me for the passphrase. I give it, and it tries to connect again. After awhile it prompts me for the passphrase. I give it, and the cycle continues. Sometimes, if I'm really lucky, it actually connects to the network, but I can't actually use the internet. I have been wracking my brain for a solution for weeks. Any ideas? If any additional information is necessary, let me know and I'll make it available.

#2 2016-04-18 04:52:07

x33a
Forum Fellow

Re: NDISWrapper Issues

Moving to "Networking, Server and Protection".

#3 2016-04-18 05:02:08

cjdeaton

Re: NDISWrapper Issues

Thank you. I'm sorry for misplacing the post. I'll be more careful about that next time... smile

Board footer