You are not logged in.

#26 2005-08-23 08:16:52

soniX

Re: Suggestions for improving Jacman [split]

Im glad you like Jacman!
And your suggestion is already implemented.
Inside jacman.<version>.jar, there is a file called 'jacman.properties'. Change the property 'jacman.disposeMainMenu' from 'true' to false', and jacman will no longer shut down after operations.

#27 2005-08-23 11:44:45

arooaroo
Website

They'll be a nice Preferences dialog in the next version so that you don't need to hack this file.

#28 2005-08-23 18:36:21

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

I did the change. And it works now.  I might make a French translation (even tough I'm more confortable with English interfaces).

#29 2005-08-23 18:47:18

arooaroo
Website

Snowman wrote:

I did the change. And it works now.  I might make a French translation (even tough I'm more confortable with English interfaces).

Most appreciated smile

#30 2005-08-25 02:34:00

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

I'll post French translation (with comments) in other thread.

Some feature request:
It would be easier to read if the pkg size would be listed in kB (or MB depending on size) instead of bytes.

It would also be useful (for menus and desktop links) to have a copy of the icons (jacman_logo_small.png) out of the jar file.

#31 2005-08-25 10:08:45

arooaroo
Website

Snowman wrote:

I'll post French translation (with comments) in other thread.

Thanks

Snowman wrote:

Some feature request:
It would be easier to read if the pkg size would be listed in kB (or MB depending on size) instead of bytes.

It would also be useful (for menus and desktop links) to have a copy of the icons (jacman_logo_small.png) out of the jar file.

Both good points. They are easy to do, so should be sorted for the next version.

#32 2005-08-28 13:38:44

giorgosc61

Hi.
Great work with Jacman.
When the new release is going to come out.
Do you know when it will be put in community to install easily pacman -S?

Thank you.

Powered by Arch Linux

#33 2005-08-28 19:31:34

soniX

Hi giorgosc61
Im glad you like Jacman. The next relase should be out in the middle of september.

aur user guidelines wrote:

One of the easiest activties for all Arch users is to browse the AUR and vote for their favourite packages using the online interface. Packages that recieve 25 votes or more are eligible for adoption by a TU for inclusion in [community], enabling everyone easy access to the binary - so it is in everyones interest to vote!

Jacman is now at 24 votes.

#34 2005-08-29 11:43:40

giorgosc61

Jacman in 26 votes !!!  big_smile

Great it would be great to see it in [community].

I am looking forward for the next release.

Powered by Arch Linux

#35 2006-05-04 21:19:38

sud_crow
Website

Hey,
I'm reviving this so i can ask for a couple of features smile

1: Full screen functionality for the "install packages" feature, i don't know if it was already discussed and discarded for some reason, so, I'm asking!

2: Are there a couple of translations waiting for a new release? Spanish i know it is smile

3: there seems to be a bug; when you have a pkg ignored, it will print the warning about not being updated in red, but the last characters will be cuted off and printed after the other updated packages and the Y/n confirmation. (This happened a couple of times, not always, so i don't know whats causing it).

4: It would be nice to have a color coded version display in the install packages section, where you have the 'installed version' and 'available version' columns, similar to the DistroWatch ones, Green when they are up to date and Red when they are out-dated.

5: Is there any way to increase font size?

6: Its possible to include a cancel button in the console output window?, if i want to cancel during an update or an install I can ctrl+c in the command line pacman, some way of accomplishing this would be useful.

Thats all for now!

Regards.

Leonardo Andrés Gallego
www.archlinux-es.org || Comunidad Hispana de Arch Linux

#36 2006-05-06 00:48:39

soniX

#1- should be easy to fix (if you know some java you can change the parameters in the setSize method call almost at the end of the initGUI method in andyr.jacman.gui.InstallPackageDialog to whatever you want. its currently set at 800x600

#3 - pacman outputs its normal info to standard outputstream, but prints warnings and errors to the error stream. Jacman reads from these streams in separate threads and displays the data from the streams as fast as it can. This can sometimes lead to the situation you described when data from the two threads gets outputted at the same time on the same line.

#37 2006-05-08 03:49:39

sud_crow
Website

Hi,

#1 I dont know java smile but, anyway, thats not what i was thinking, i want the capability to resize the screen, i hate fixed ones smile.. although its just a request!

#3 Good to know, thanks for the info!

ps. I forgot to say, even though i dont know java, i do program a bit so i could manage to change some settings, is there any way to make it dynamic? or i have to specify a fixed size?

Leonardo Andrés Gallego

#38 2006-05-08 09:25:26

arooaroo
Website

Thanks sud_crow, for reviving things. Jacman development has been having a break. Yeah, we need get back in gear and start making some more improvements.

sud_crow wrote:

Hey,
I'm reviving this so i can ask for a couple of features smile

1: Full screen functionality for the "install packages" feature, i don't know if it was already discussed and discarded for some reason, so, I'm asking!

Are you asking for the install packages to be fullsize from the outset? Because it is possible to maximise this window once it's displayed. Admittedly, perhaps we need to implement some window persistence to save window sizes and locations across sessions.

sud_crow wrote:

2: Are there a couple of translations waiting for a new release? Spanish i know it is smile

Yes, I have some. I will try and release an update.

sud_crow wrote:

3: there seems to be a bug; when you have a pkg ignored, it will print the warning about not being updated in red, but the last characters will be cuted off and printed after the other updated packages and the Y/n confirmation. (This happened a couple of times, not always, so i don't know whats causing it).

Have to leave that with SoniX, he's the console master!

sud_crow wrote:

4: It would be nice to have a color coded version display in the install packages section, where you have the 'installed version' and 'available version' columns, similar to the DistroWatch ones, Green when they are up to date and Red when they are out-dated.

That's a great idea! I shall investigate. Thanks.

sud_crow wrote:

5: Is there any way to increase font size?

Yes, there is. I will try and add something in the options. It'll be quick and dirty for now (in that it will require a restart to take effect - but will remember your settings once done).

sud_crow wrote:

6: Its possible to include a cancel button in the console output window?, if i want to cancel during an update or an install I can ctrl+c in the command line pacman, some way of accomplishing this would be useful.

It should be possible. I assume that we can just terminate the Process objtect that we are using to call external commands. But without looking at the API, I can't be sure. Again, SoniX is the best guy for this task, I reckon, as most of the work around this part of the application has been programmed by him.

Thanks

#39 2006-05-08 10:42:39

Sigi

I could provide a german translation (if there isn't one already - it's a long time ago since I last used jacman). Is 1.11 the latest language file?

Cheers Sigi

Haven't been here in a while. Still rocking Arch. smile

#40 2006-05-08 11:15:39

arooaroo
Website

Sigi,

I don't think I have a german translation. I'm probably going to make a change to this language file shortly to accomodate the required expansion of the langauge menu. Just hold tight for now.

Thanks

#41 2006-05-08 15:18:37

Sigi

Ok, just pm me as soon as you are ready...

Haven't been here in a while. Still rocking Arch. smile

#42 2006-05-09 01:23:08

sud_crow
Website

Hi Again!

Are you asking for the install packages to be full-size from the outset? Because it is possible to maximize this window once it's displayed. Admittedly, perhaps we need to implement some window persistence to save window sizes and locations across sessions.

I realized that i can resize the window dragging from the borders, but the install packages window doesn't have a maximize or minimize button on the top bar, and as you say, it doesn't remember its previous state, so its a bit annoying smile

I'm glad you took the points into consideration!

edit: spelling.
Keep the good work, its a nice and very useful app, if i want to make some more people use Arch, i need this little thing!

Leonardo Andrés Gallego

Board footer