You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-19 20:16:14

inside-hex

Keyboard issues: repeating character 5 and no response

Hi,
I have some keyboard trouble for a while now, not sure when it started.

Its like the character 5 is kind of stuck and repeating itself over and over. Pressing another character usually stops this behavior. It happens rather randomly, sometimes over and over for days, sometimes a week without. On a bad day the pause between this happing again might be anything from a few seconds to an hour. This only happens in Gnome though, not in Windows, so I guess it must be some software issue.
There is also a second issue, which I believe is related: sometimes I can type and nothing is showing up for a few minutes (or not at all), and then only half the text.

I'm using a wireless Logitech kombi: keyboard K520 and mouse M310. I only use the standard drivers on linux and windows.

There is nothing in the logs after this happens so I'm absolutely clueless.

Here seems to be a similar problem: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=205355
and the suggestion was, that it might be some interference. But how do I find out, what causes this interferences, if there are (and why are they not happing in windows)?
I can rule out my mobile, because it still happens if its not in the same room.

Its driving me pretty crazy on days it happens. So any help and suggestions would be very welcome smile

+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

#2 2016-05-01 14:07:28

inside-hex

Re: Keyboard issues: repeating character 5 and no response

Nobody any idea?
I've noticed that the second issue, the keyboard "lag" is happening under Windows too, just not the repeating character.

And after thinking for a while, what could be different since it started happening:
I relocated, in the old apartment the router was right next to the computer and I used a cable to connect them. Now in the new apartment I'm using a WLAN Stick (CSL 300Mbit USB WLAN Adapter: http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00LLIOT34/) to connect the pc to the router, which is in another room.
Could the WLAN Stick interfere with the unifying receiver from Logitech?

+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

#3 2016-05-01 18:47:37

mich41

Re: Keyboard issues: repeating character 5 and no response

I suppose it's possible if both are using the 2.4GHz band.

Obvious tests are to check if network traffic increases error rate and if changing WiFi channel (or switching to 5GHz) helps. You can also try moving WLAN further away from keyboard and receiver (different port, USB extension cable).

Board footer