You are not logged in.

#1976 2016-05-02 08:31:30

OdinEidolon

Re: KF 5 & Plasma

mcloaked wrote:

Does anyone else who uses the thermal monitor widget in plasma now have no temperatures loaded after login?  I have to right click the widget and select to reload temperature sources before the CPU temperatures show on the widget.

This has been reported to the plasmoid creator before, and he has fixed it, at least for my system. Be sure to use the latest version, which you can find in kde-apps.

Hardware: 2016 Dell XPS15 - matte FullHD - i5-6300HQ - 32GB DDR4 - Nvidia GTX960M - Samsung 840EVO 250GB SSD - 56Wh
Software: Plasma 5 - rEFInd - linux-ck - preload - prelink - verynice - psd - bumblebee

#1977 2016-05-02 08:35:25

mcloaked

OdinEidolon wrote:
mcloaked wrote:

Does anyone else who uses the thermal monitor widget in plasma now have no temperatures loaded after login?  I have to right click the widget and select to reload temperature sources before the CPU temperatures show on the widget.

This has been reported to the plasmoid creator before, and he has fixed it, at least for my system. Be sure to use the latest version, which you can find in kde-apps.

Is the latest version not already there if the arch system is fully up to date?  I did remove the widget from the desktop and added it again but it made no difference. Or do you mean you have to go to kde-apps and install it from there?

Mike C

#1978 2016-05-02 08:39:27

OdinEidolon

mcloaked wrote:
OdinEidolon wrote:
mcloaked wrote:

Is the latest version not already there if the arch system is fully up to date?  I did remove the widget from the desktop and added it again but it made no difference. Or do you mean you have to go to kde-apps and install it from there?

Mh, I dunno.
Try to ask the developer here:
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Th … ent=170354

Hardware: 2016 Dell XPS15 - matte FullHD - i5-6300HQ - 32GB DDR4 - Nvidia GTX960M - Samsung 840EVO 250GB SSD - 56Wh
Software: Plasma 5 - rEFInd - linux-ck - preload - prelink - verynice - psd - bumblebee

#1979 2016-05-02 09:08:53

mcloaked

OdinEidolon wrote:
mcloaked wrote:
OdinEidolon wrote:

Mh, I dunno.

OK - I took the widget off the desktop, went to add widgets, then did "Get new widgets" and re-installed - which presumably should pull in the latest version from April 12th. When I added it to the desktop it performed as before and didn't load the temps till I right clicked and told it to do so. So maybe there is a fixed version that you have to get manually and install from a file?

Mike C

#1980 2016-05-02 09:12:23

OdinEidolon

mcloaked wrote:
OdinEidolon wrote:
mcloaked wrote:

Mh, I dunno.

OK - I took the widget off the desktop, went to add widgets, then did "Get new widgets" and re-installed - which presumably should pull in the latest version from April 12th. When I added it to the desktop it performed as before and didn't load the temps till I right clicked and told it to do so. So maybe there is a fixed version that you have to get manually and install from a file?

No, it just works for me with the same version you have. Evidently it was not really fixed. Please report the bug to the dev.

#1981 2016-05-02 09:29:38

mcloaked

OdinEidolon wrote:
mcloaked wrote:
OdinEidolon wrote:

Mh, I dunno.

No, it just works for me with the same version you have. Evidently it was not really fixed. Please report the bug to the dev.

OK I will report - by the way I also installed the version from aur  (i.e. from https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/plas … nitor-git/ ) and this behaves the same way for me.

Edit:  I noticed that that there is a discussion already about this issue on the dev's page - with a promise to upload a fixed version once the patched version has been tested - presumably that is awaiting people to confirm that the fixed version has been shown to work.

Last edited by mcloaked (2016-05-02 09:46:42)

Mike C

#1982 2016-05-04 20:38:52

splashy

Hello I have a weird problem with the latest update. Systemsettings don't take effects: Input Devices mouse single click, keyboard numlock don't take effect. As well as changing the theme (application style stuck to Breeze, changing colors doing nothing ).
Does anyone has the same problem and is there some files I could delete to maybe fix that problem (might it be related to old configs files?, old cache?)
Thanks.

EDIT: Problem solved!
By prepending:

export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=kde

into

/usr/bin/startkde

I am able to have my settings in systemsettings5 applied to all my Qt applications.

Last edited by splashy (2016-05-08 14:14:19)

#1983 2016-05-06 09:32:46

mabl

Anyone having an issue with the networkmanager plasmoid? Since my last upgrade, I get a

Error loading QML file: file://usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.networkmanagement/contents/ui/main.qml:23:1: plugin cannot be loaded for module "org.kde.plasma.networkmanagement"L Cannot load library /usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/plasma/networkmanagement/libplasmanm_qmlplugins.so: (/usr/lib/libplasmanm_editor.so: undefined symbol _ZN14NetworkManager11WimaxDevice16staticMetaObjectE

I've had a look at the packages and could not see an obvious ABI/API breaking change in the packages... Any ideas?

#1984 2016-05-06 10:18:29

Xabre

Yes, I have the same error. AFAIK, WIMAX support was dropped from NM, and widget still tries to find it.

EDIT: Rebuilding plasma-nm from ABS solved it.

EDIT2: And just as I wrote that, new plasma-nm package is available in repoes. smile

Last edited by Xabre (2016-05-06 10:37:08)

#1985 2016-05-07 18:51:44

mcloaked

I have recently tried to return to using kmail and although several years ago before the transition to plasma I was able to use kmail with s/mime certificate validation I have been unable to get s/mime validation working with the current version of kmail (16.04.0-3). I have imported my email ssl certificate as a .p12 file and that seems to work successfully but despite trying various recipes to change gpgsm settings (such as working from the KDE userbase I had previously written at https://userbase.kde.org/KMail/S_MIME ) I always end up with received mail with an s/mime validation message saying "Not enough information to check signature validity." and when I select to show details I see "The signature is valid, but the key's validity is unknown"

I have imported both my own certificate as well as the root certificate from Comodo where my certificate was issued but I cannot get it to work.

Does anyone have any references to getting s/mime to work in the current kmail in plasma?  There was previously a bug in either kmail or gpgsm that meant some manual processing was required to get s/mime to work in kmail, but presumably there remains a bug of this kind in plasma too, though usually there is a work around to get s/mime to work properly though I have spent some considerable time without success trying to google for a solution. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by mcloaked (2016-05-07 18:54:52)

Mike C

#1986 2016-05-07 19:52:12

mcloaked

I have been trying to get Kontact to work with my google calendars - so I followed the procedure at https://userbase.kde.org/Working_with_Google_Calendar and when I reached the last stage for fetching my calendar I had a response within Kontact saying there had been a problem when I clicked "Fetch" at the last step.  Within a few seconds I received an email from gmail saying

"Someone just tried to sign in to your Google Account xxx.yyyyyyy@gmail.com from an app that doesn't meet modern security standards.
Details:
Saturday, May 7, 2016 8:44 PM (British Summer Time)
United Kingdom*
We strongly recommend that you use a secure app, like Gmail, to access your account. All apps made by Google meet these security standards. Using a less secure app, on the other hand, could leave your account vulnerable. Learn more.

Google stopped this sign-in attempt, but you should review your recently used devices:"

Does anyone know how to work around this issue?

Thanks for any help to get calendars to work with Kontact.

Mike C

#1987 2016-05-07 20:15:35

arojas
Developer

mcloaked wrote:

I have been trying to get Kontact to work with my google calendars - so I followed the procedure at https://userbase.kde.org/Working_with_Google_Calendar and when I reached the last stage for fetching my calendar I had a response within Kontact saying there had been a problem when I clicked "Fetch" at the last step.  Within a few seconds I received an email from gmail saying

"Someone just tried to sign in to your Google Account xxx.yyyyyyy@gmail.com from an app that doesn't meet modern security standards.
Details:
United Kingdom*
We strongly recommend that you use a secure app, like Gmail, to access your account. All apps made by Google meet these security standards. Using a less secure app, on the other hand, could leave your account vulnerable. Learn more.

Google stopped this sign-in attempt, but you should review your recently used devices:"

Have you seen the warning at the top of the page you linked?

#1988 2016-05-07 20:49:56

mcloaked

arojas wrote:
mcloaked wrote:

Details:
United Kingdom*

Have you seen the warning at the top of the page you linked?

I have tried that (i.e. going to Settings->General->Calendars and filter for google and entering my login details) - it does log in successfully - but despite listing my calendars in the lower left pane - which appear with check boxes - no events seem to be listed in the calendar section despite seeing them in my android calendar and in Thunderbird with lightning.

Mike C

#1989 2016-05-07 21:02:52

arojas
Developer

mcloaked wrote:

I have tried that (i.e. going to Settings->General->Calendars and filter for google and entering my login details) - it does log in successfully - but despite listing my calendars in the lower left pane - which appear with check boxes - no events seem to be listed in the calendar section despite seeing them in my android calendar and in Thunderbird with lightning.

You need to refresh the calendar manually to see the events. Anyway, if you insist on connecting via caldav, you need to enable "less secure applications" in your Google account settings.

#1990 2016-05-07 21:08:58

mcloaked

arojas wrote:
mcloaked wrote:

You need to refresh the calendar manually to see the events. Anyway, if you insist on connecting via caldav, you need to enable "less secure applications" in your Google account settings.

Thank you arojas - and yes refreshing manually did bring in the calendar events - I have set a 10 minutes update time so perhaps it will update after this at the specified interval?

Mike C

#1991 2016-05-10 14:33:37

mcloaked

mcloaked wrote:
OdinEidolon wrote:
mcloaked wrote:

OK I will report - by the way I also installed the version from aur  (i.e. from https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/plas … nitor-git/ ) and this behaves the same way for me.

Edit:  I noticed that that there is a discussion already about this issue on the dev's page - with a promise to upload a fixed version once the patched version has been tested - presumably that is awaiting people to confirm that the fixed version has been shown to work.

Copying the latest individual files from the link provided for the dev's page to the directory at .local/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.thermalMonitor/ fixes the widget and it now updates within a second or so of the desktop starting.  However I don't know if the updated files for this widget have propagated to the plasmoid file from other places which depend on the developer's source.

Last edited by mcloaked (2016-05-10 14:34:02)

Mike C

#1992 2016-05-10 22:36:16

Potomac

there is a serious bug in plasma 5.6.x related to openGL games :

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=361154

with my configuration ( radeon driver, amd radeon HD4650 pcie, plasma 5.6.4, oxygen theme ) I notice a weird display in plasma after running an openGL game,

Steps to reproduce the bug :

- enable "compositing" on plasma options
- run "sdlmame"  ( an arcade emulator game )
- close sdlmame
- then run VLC ( open a video file ), you will notice that the entire plasma desktop ( except the KDE taskbar and VLC ) will become black
- if you close VLC : the bug will gone, no black display on plasma

sometimes you will not see the bug, you need to run again "sdlmame" and close it, and few times later you will see the bug when you open VLC,

the bug doesn't occur all the time with another openGL game ( like "glxgears" )

Last edited by Potomac (2016-05-10 22:42:38)

#1993 2016-05-15 12:19:33

The Infinity
Website

Potomac: Can't reproduce. I tested Dolphin Game Cube Emulator, Neverball and Warmux. However, I'm using Nvidia card with proprietary driver. But I'd disable the compositor when playing games anyways because it increases FPS (in some games like Talos Principle or Dolphin significantly).

But when testing, I noticed that another bug is gone: The Plasma UI is now updated when the compositor is disabled. (I experimented a bit.) In previous versions this wasn't the case and hence the UI more or less unusable.

Last edited by The Infinity (2016-05-15 12:20:07)

#1994 2016-05-15 21:34:50

Potomac

The Infinity : the bug will occur if you run "sdlmame" :

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/comm … 4/sdlmame/

after closing sdlmame plasma will have a weird behaviour after running VLC

#1995 2016-05-18 09:28:45

yanthor

gnome-breeze-git 97.b329e1c-1 finally fix Breeze-dark for all GTK apps.

Thanks devs big_smile

#1996 2016-05-20 12:28:49

TimorLee

Hello there!
I just decided to "reboot" my chat accounts on my Laptop which has lead to interesting Problems...

I've still got a facebook and a jabber account configured, but these don't appear in "System Settings" → "Online Accounts". Telepathy automaticly tries to connect with them (and asks me for passwords every time), but in case of facebook this obviously fails.

I can add the jabber account again (which works, but then I have each contact multiple times) and add new accounts, but I can't remove the old accounts in the gui. If I hover with my mouse over the presence indicator in "IM Contacts" it shows both old accounts as offline.

Now: I really want to get rid of those two accounts, since they don't appear in "Online Accounts" and constantly throw up authorization requests (passwords aren't stored in Kwallet).

Is there a way to do this/fix this manually? I can't find where telepathy saves its accounts to, otherwise I'd try myself, but the documentation is lacking to say the least.

I'd be really grateful for any and all help!

Last edited by TimorLee (2016-05-20 12:29:20)

#1997 2016-05-20 13:41:01

arojas
Developer

TimorLee wrote:

Is there a way to do this/fix this manually? I can't find where telepathy saves its accounts to, otherwise I'd try myself, but the documentation is lacking to say the least.

I'd be really grateful for any and all help!

You may have old accounts stored in ~/.local/share/telepathy/mission-control/, which is the old location, and they are being migrated again which is causing the stale accounts you're seeing. Nowadays they are stored in ~/.config/kaccounts-ktprc

#1998 2016-05-21 07:31:47

mabl

You are having issues with multiple monitors? You fear to undock your laptop because you just now Plasma will mess up spectacularly? You don't even think of going to standby in the dock and then undock? At work you let others connect their laptop to the projector, because you know they will only make fun of you? The time of constants horrors is over! I present to you:

https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/125451/

This little gem applies neatly to plasma-workspace 5.6.4. Just apply and rebuild your plasma-workspace. Your salvation is near!

#1999 2016-05-22 11:18:19

TimorLee

arojas wrote:

You may have old accounts stored in ~/.local/share/telepathy/mission-control/, which is the old location, and they are being migrated again which is causing the stale accounts you're seeing. Nowadays they are stored in ~/.config/kaccounts-ktprc

That was it, everything works like a charm now. Thank you!

#2000 2016-05-23 10:07:37

Tromzy

mabl wrote:

You are having issues with multiple monitors? You fear to undock your laptop because you just now Plasma will mess up spectacularly? You don't even think of going to standby in the dock and then undock? At work you let others connect their laptop to the projector, because you know they will only make fun of you? The time of constants horrors is over! I present to you:

https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/125451/

This little gem applies neatly to plasma-workspace 5.6.4. Just apply and rebuild your plasma-workspace. Your salvation is near!

Thanks for the info ; can you give information as to how to patch plasma-workspace with this ?

Board footer