You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-27 23:18:30

jjb2016

[Solved] issues after setting up bridge networking ...

Hi all,

I have an arch linux machine (running gnome 3.20.2 desktop) on which I have been running a number of VMs using qemu/kvm.  Hostname is TUF for the purposes of this thread.

Up to this point the VMs have all just been using a NAT virtual network.  I decided that I wanted them to to use a bridge network so they can access the TUF's real network.  I setup a bridge network on TUF using netctl and this is up and running now it seems.  My VMs are on TUF's network and getting DHCP addresses without a problem as well.  After setting up this bridge I now have two problems which I so far haven't been able to resolve:

1.  I now cannot VNC into TUF as I used to.  VNC server was setup via the System Sharing settings in Gnome.  It has been working just fine for ages and now not ...
2.  One of my VMs (running debian), which is now connected to the new bridge cannot access the internet unless I disable the UFW firewall on TUF.

Thankfully I can still SSH into TUF.  When switching from a normal wired connection via eth0 to a bridge connection using eth0 as a slave, is there anything else that needs to be reconfigured to avoid these sorts of issues?  Like iptables settings?

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by jjb2016 (2016-06-02 11:28:37)

#2 2016-05-28 01:08:22

jjb2016

Re: [Solved] issues after setting up bridge networking ...

Ok i figured out the VNC issue.  When i setup the bridge i stopped and disabled NetworkManager.service.  It looks like gnome screen sharing needs NetworkManager running ...

Board footer