You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-29 17:48:31

Zethson

Can connect to my university's eduroam but not to my personal network

Hi,

I am using Arch XFCE4 on a Lenovo y50-70. I am a fresh Arch user.
I already asked some friends of mine who are pretty experienced with Arch/Gentoo, but they couldn't help me so far.
So you guys are my last hope wink

issue:
Whenever I try connecting to my network using NetworkManager it tries to connect a few seconds, then it just returns the password prompt back to me, even though the password is correct (using that one on other pcs/phones).
Eduroam seems to work for some reason.

Please tell me what logs and info you need and I'll get it for you asap. I am new to Arch, so please try to be detailed on which/how to get some logs. Although I am good at googlefu wink

Thank you very much.

#2 2016-05-29 20:18:32

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Can connect to my university's eduroam but not to my personal network

Welcome to Arch Linux. 

First, what NetworkManager client are you using?
What type of network is it?  WEP? WPA-2? Is the SSID valid?  Any strange characters?
What is the output of systemctl list-unit-files  --type=service | grep enabled
Your logs are in the journal.  Use journalctrl -b to read them Edit:  The -b means limit the history back to the last boot

Last edited by ewaller (2016-05-29 20:19:28)

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2016-05-29 20:22:58

Zethson

Re: Can connect to my university's eduroam but not to my personal network

ewaller wrote:

Welcome to Arch Linux. 

First, what NetworkManager client are you using?
What type of network is it?  WEP? WPA-2? Is the SSID valid?  Any strange characters?
What is the output of systemctl list-unit-files  --type=service | grep enabled
Your logs are in the journal.  Use journalctrl -b to read them Edit:  The -b means limit the history back to the last boot

Thanks, but you can close it, I resolved it. I had 2 configs in NetworkManager and misspelled my password on one and it always started it with the wrong password, I had to delete the from config.

Board footer