You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-26 17:56:12

quequotion
Website

[SOLVED] prevent systemd-resolved from switching DNS servers (kill it)

Rather than use my configured dnsmasq+dnscrypt DNS at 127.0.0.1, systemd-resolved immediately trumps my settings with DNS servers it pulls off my router/ISP (their address are not in any configuration files on my computer, except /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf).

Why does it do this? Is there any way I can make absolutely certain that it will never use any DNS server other than 127.0.0.1?

I do need to keep the settings in the router, for devices that connect over wifi and are not dnscrypt capable.

EDIT: going to try a reboot with systemd-resolved disabled; will systemd-networkd start?

EDIT again: apparently so.. now if i could get bind-tools working to test it (always timed out with systemd-resolved).....

EDIT solved: systemd-resolved is toxic; bind-tools and DNS caching+encryption work now.

Last edited by quequotion (2015-09-26 19:12:10)

#2 2016-08-18 22:56:36

kabutor

Re: [SOLVED] prevent systemd-resolved from switching DNS servers (kill it)

I've been struggling with this, and I found that even after disabling systemd-resolved, it was still starting up, and then dnsmasq couldn't start.

My solution was looking for the service that has systemd-resolved as a dependency

grep systemd-resolved /etc/systemd/* -R

In my case it was /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/noip2.service
I just replaced the lines with :

Requires=dnsmasq.service
After=dnsmasq.service

I won't post it as a bug, because IIRC noip2 is an AUR package, not an official ebuild, or whatever you call those here  tongue but I just want to post in so I can find the solution the next year when this happens to me again

Board footer