You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-25 01:57:24

nocyno

[Solved] Font Changed to Winding-Like Glyphs

While I do not know if it is connected, the issue started soon after I installed ipfs and ran the ifs server daemon (which essentially sets my computer up as a node on a distributed network). Soon after, when I logged onto my terminal, whenever I typed, only these strange, wing-ding like glyphs would show up on the screen. Other text was being displayed just fine. When I rebooted my computer, all of a sudden my i3 bar was just using windings, all of my terminal text (even the prompts) were wing dings, and all of the window titles were in windings. My browser seemed to be alright whenever it was displaying text from online or I was typing in text into the search bar. I switched to a virtual console to see if I could fix the problem from there (text is displayed normally on the virtual console), yet when I went back to my graphical screen I noticed I had lost internet connection. I tried using wifi-menu to search for networks, which usually works, but now it just returns "No networks found" no matter what. I am not sure if this is connected, but I thought I might add it. The problem still does not go away after rebooting. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by nocyno (2016-10-25 02:33:31)

#2 2016-10-25 02:02:42

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: [Solved] Font Changed to Winding-Like Glyphs

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2016-10-25 02:32:45

nocyno

Re: [Solved] Font Changed to Winding-Like Glyphs

Solved! For those with this problem, the issue for me was the "gsfonts" package which came with installing the "evince" package. I removed both of these packages "sudo paceman -R evince" and "sudo pacman -R gsfonts", and the problem was solved!

Board footer