You are not logged in.

#1 2006-05-25 19:15:50

peque

Suddenly not loading IPW2200 [SOLVED]

Hi Arch

On my laptop my network has worked just fine until suddenly. The wireless network isn't starting anymore? from one day to the other - and I don't know the reason. My friend build a time ago the packages that we have been using.
The laptop is a IBM R51. I've got dual boot on it and in windows that netwotk works just fine without any problems.

Today I've totally reinstall the laptop - Cause i really need that to work on my school. But still I can't get it started. After modprobe and installing the packages as I normally have done - nothing happens ???

I there some big changes in the kernel or anywhere else that could make that happend ?
I would like to post lsmod and all those files - but they are normal and also as I can see from others post.
Have anybody got a clue ?

Just getting better .... All the time

#2 2006-05-25 19:40:05

hugin

Re: Suddenly not loading IPW2200 [SOLVED]

on my fresh; sidenote: first; install of Arch (about 2 weeks ago, just before gimick ><) i had to update the firmware before the module would load properly. 

# pacman -S ipw2200-fw

if you can't get on the internet from arch, here is a link to the package you can download it from windows then.

hope that helps you.

/jhs

Open Toes; Open Mind; Open Source.

#3 2006-05-25 19:50:27

peque

Thats not helping.
I 've been using arch for almost 2years now, and have reinstalled this machine lets at 5 times during the years. But suddenly it the wireless stop working. no matter wjat I do. 
But when I boot up in windows it works well - but I can't figure why it doesent do it in Arch. And I'm sure that the netcard is working???

But else - can't figure it out ?

#4 2006-05-26 06:12:32

peque

Funny  after trying several times rebooting - and nothing happens ??? I rebootet into windows to check an extra time that i was working. Rebootet back to linux and bam - it started. Haven't got a clue ??? Could anybody come up with a explanation for that ??????

Board footer