You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-28 15:10:41

vkovanovic

deauthenticating by local choice (Reason: 3=DEAUTH_LEAVING)

Hi,

I'm using netctl-auto and ifplugd and all was working well until recently eduroam started disconnecting.

I've checked up the log files and nothing unusual except this weird deauthentication happening.

Here are the config files

/etc/netctl/eduroam

Description='Eduroam wireless connection'
Interface=wlp3s0
Connection=wireless
Security=wpa-configsection
IP=dhcp
Priority=1
ESSID=eduroam
TimeoutWPA=60
WPAConfigSection=(
 'ssid="eduroam"'
 'key_mgmt=WPA-EAP'
 'eap=PEAP'
 'identity="username@uni"'
 'password="password"'
 'phase2="auth=MSCHAPv2 password=my_password"'
 'ca_cert="/etc/ssl/certs/Thawte_Premium_Server_CA.pem"'
)

and then the generated wpa_supplicant in /run/network/wpa_supplicant_wlp3s0.conf

ctrl_interface=/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=wheel
p2p_disabled=1
home network
network={
ssid="eduroam"
key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
eap=PEAP
identity="my_username"
password="my_password"
phase2="auth=MSCHAPv2 password=my_password"
ca_cert="/etc/ssl/certs/Thawte_Premium_Server_CA.pem"
id_str="eduroam"
}
other networks

some people suggested killing wpa_supplicant or dhcpcd but both are not helping me. Adding the password to phase2 also did not help. Given that this is not my private network, I also can't change the channel (some suggested changing to channel 6 helped)

I have a thinkpad W540 laptop with an Intel 7260AC and up to date Arch with iwlwifi driver.

connecting to all other networks work (but then again, none of them is EAP)

I also cut the relevant piece of the generated wpa_supplicant (only for eduroam network) and saved it as a separate wpa_supplication conf file and tried running it but I'm getting the same error  (DEAUTH_LEAVING)

Does anyone have any suggestion what to run to get some better information about the problem smile

Last edited by vkovanovic (2016-10-28 15:11:20)

#2 2016-11-15 06:47:50

dalcde

Re: deauthenticating by local choice (Reason: 3=DEAUTH_LEAVING)

Had the same problem; The solution at this thread solved the problem for me.

#3 2016-11-28 05:34:23

Vyre

I'm having the same problem, and my "V" was already capitalized.  I've scoured the forums and Google, used every variation of a netctl profile for eduroam I could find, and I still can't figure out why this doesn't work.  All my other wireless connections via netctl work fine, it's just this eduroam profile that's failing with the only apparent error being "deauthenticating by local choice (Reason: 3=DEAUTH_LEAVING)".  `journalctl -xe` even says authentication and association are successful.

If anyone has insight or suggestions for ways to debug this (`journalctl -xe` and `systemctl status ...` don't yield anything useful), they would be greatly appreciated.

#4 2017-03-08 17:25:19

vkovanovic

after few months, it turns out that just removing the certificate line works. Then I figured out that if I add this certificate, it works again

'ca_cert="/etc/ssl/certs/AddTrust_External_Root.pem"'

I'm not sure is it possible to specify validation of the certificate, whatever a particular radius server provides..

Board footer