You are not logged in.

#151 2016-08-15 23:52:23

bmentink

Re: Deepin Desktop Environment on Arch

metak wrote:

LOL bmentink. ;-) Archlinux maintainers are super ninjas and Felix Yan (TUS) who is maintaining DDE in arch is aka felixonmars (github username) and he already participated in your bug report. He keeps DDE on arch always updated since we finished porting it from our unofficial arch-deepin project. Since DDE's upstream development is moving so fast, archlinux is basically the only distro which offers it right now.

The reason I asked, I have done an update and the problem still exists ....

community/deepin-launcher 3.0.11-2 (deepin) [installed]

Last edited by bmentink (2016-08-15 23:54:31)

#152 2016-08-16 00:02:01

metak

bmentink wrote:

The reason I asked, I have done an update and the problem still exists ....

community/deepin-launcher 3.0.11-2 (deepin) [installed]

I guess you'll have to wait a bit longer or enable community-testing repo.

community-testing/deepin-launcher 3.0.12-1 (deepin) [installed]
    Deepin desktop-environment - Launcher module
community/deepin-launcher 3.0.11-2 (deepin) [installed: 3.0.12-1]
    Deepin desktop-environment - Launcher module

Last edited by metak (2016-08-16 00:02:22)

#153 2016-08-16 05:08:16

zaxdan69

metak wrote:

I just installed the latest packages and as you can see, there are tray icons, but they are in a kinda weird place?
Click on the blue circle in dock (shows current app with tray icon I believe) and a pop-up will open and show all the tray icons.
Also, I just copied qterminal.desktop file from /usr/share/application to ~./config/autostart and it auto-started the terminal.
Might be something wrong on your end? How did you install dde?

I installed yesterday the packages deepin and deepin-extra from repositories, nothing special.
For the icons I haven't this becaviour. In dock modern mode there is an icon for tray icons which has 4 small circles/placeholders for tray icons.  I cannot click on it to appear the bar with all try icons, if there are tray Icons they placed on these circles. I don't know if there are more than 4 icons where the gonna go. The icon for network manager appears but not the others as I wrote. They are there but don't display. The same happens and for other modes of dock(classic and efficient).

EDIT:
The autostart problem solved. All apps I tried was previously added to autostart folder by xfce. So all those .desktop files have a setting "showOnlyOn=xfce" and for this don't loaded. I commented it out and now they appears. Icons also appear, exept my java' s application icon. I tested this many times only with gnome-pie and my app. The problem with gnome-pie' s icon is that is black and for this doesn't show(taskbar is black too).

Last edited by zaxdan69 (2016-08-16 05:26:31)

#154 2016-08-16 16:11:38

metak

zaxdan69 wrote:
metak wrote:

I just installed the latest packages and as you can see, there are tray icons, but they are in a kinda weird place?
Click on the blue circle in dock (shows current app with tray icon I believe) and a pop-up will open and show all the tray icons.
Also, I just copied qterminal.desktop file from /usr/share/application to ~./config/autostart and it auto-started the terminal.
Might be something wrong on your end? How did you install dde?

I installed yesterday the packages deepin and deepin-extra from repositories, nothing special.
For the icons I haven't this becaviour. In dock modern mode there is an icon for tray icons which has 4 small circles/placeholders for tray icons.  I cannot click on it to appear the bar with all try icons, if there are tray Icons they placed on these circles. I don't know if there are more than 4 icons where the gonna go. The icon for network manager appears but not the others as I wrote. They are there but don't display. The same happens and for other modes of dock(classic and efficient).

EDIT:
The autostart problem solved. All apps I tried was previously added to autostart folder by xfce. So all those .desktop files have a setting "showOnlyOn=xfce" and for this don't loaded. I commented it out and now they appears. Icons also appear, exept my java' s application icon. I tested this many times only with gnome-pie and my app. The problem with gnome-pie' s icon is that is black and for this doesn't show(taskbar is black too).

Silly me, that screenshot above shows the new re-designed sys tray... ;-) seems as though lots of new things are coming?
Wait a bit longer for deepin packages to move from community-testing to community and then test to see if your issues are still present?

#155 2016-08-17 07:30:28

zaxdan69

Anybody knows how can I disable the actions which are binded to media keys(like XF86VolumeRaise etc)?

#156 2016-08-17 07:44:53

bmentink

I tried the latest deepin-launcher from testing, but the issue remains ..

#157 2016-08-22 14:53:03

SolarAquarion

deepin-wm and gala conflicts with each other because of a desktop file in deepin-wm

#158 2016-08-22 18:35:33

bmentink

SolarAquarion wrote:

deepin-wm and gala conflicts with each other because of a desktop file in deepin-wm

Who are you responding to? ... and why would anyone have gala installed (unless they had elementary installed)

Last edited by bmentink (2016-08-22 18:41:02)

#159 2016-08-22 18:49:01

bmentink

I have just done an upgrade .... and now I see the new Deepin Launcher.

I am disappointed about the flat 2D look, I like the 3D Launcher  ..... will that come back as an option?
Mouse scroll over Volume Icon does not work any more ...
Clicking on Clock icon no longer brings up the calendar ..
With two monitors, the only way to bring up the control panel is by clicking on the world icon, there is no hot corner ..
No longer have windows shown when hover over icon.

.. these are all backward steps .... a little bit disapointed

I will see if my issues with Java apps has gone away ..
EDIT: Seems those issues are resolved smile

PS: DO love the Power icon doubling up as a Battery level indicator ... brilliant!

Last edited by bmentink (2016-08-24 18:37:18)

#160 2016-08-24 17:18:38

SolarAquarion

bmentink wrote:
SolarAquarion wrote:

Who are you responding to? ... and why would anyone have gala installed (unless they had elementary installed)

https://github.com/linuxdeepin/deepin-w … la.desktop

this conflicts with gala (obviously)

#161 2016-08-24 18:42:34

bmentink

SolarAquarion wrote:
bmentink wrote:
SolarAquarion wrote:

https://github.com/linuxdeepin/deepin-w … la.desktop

this conflicts with gala (obviously)

Again, who are you responding to? Can't be me, as I have not mentioned Gala or deepin-wm .... confused ....

#162 2016-08-25 12:22:26

SolarAquarion

I'm hopefully responding to the developers of deepin

#163 2016-12-05 10:01:25

jeton

Is it possible to save the order of the taskbar icons in  fashion mode?

I want the "shut down" button to be the last one, but everytime I restart the computer it gets back to the original place.

#164 2016-12-10 13:23:42

Dokter Bibber

Is there (un)official documentation for themers?
I tried the Deepin website/forum a few times this week at different times of the day.
But it's always slower then water going uphill.

Last edited by Dokter Bibber (2016-12-10 13:24:10)

#165 2016-12-23 13:47:28

Maximilien Di dio
Website

Hi everyone, i used deepin desktop environnement and i want to know if it's possible to disable some effects ?

When i use shift button to Up the letters, i have a notification on the middle screen. This feature is an good idea, but when i play at video (yes, it's possible to play at video with Linux big_smile) i've always this notification xD. It's embarassing. tongue

Do you have an idea to disable it ?

Thx for read this and sorry for my bad english. smile

Sorry if my english is bad, i'm a french archer smile

#166 2016-12-25 22:54:15

hunyadix

Hey there!

I've just moved from deepin 14.3 to arch + dde. Keep it up, fasheng and metak. smile Almost everything works seamlessly, but I have some questions:

- If I config my touchpad from the deepin config, it either allows edge scrolling or two-finger scrolling never both, even if it shows that way. Is there a fix? This is not too annoying, but sometimes is weird.

- Where are the keyboard shortcuts stored? I used to really abuse them, but most of my options to do so are missing now. I have quite a few issues with the current hotkeys though. My keyboard writes + when I press "shift + 3". However it is also triggered on super + 3 when I want to move to the third workspace. I would really love to change the change-workspace modifier to the left ctrl. Also, the feature I miss the most is the window-tiling hotkeys. Is there a workaround to add them to the shortcuts?

- My login sound plays extremely loudly and I often work in a library, which is... awkward. Can I change the login and logoff sound effects? I don't really like them anyway. Disabling them is also fine, but I don't want to lose the sound effects on pressing the volume up and volume down buttons. I cant seem to find the files where the options are stored.

Thanks a lot!

Oh, one more thing: Can I somehow bind the shutdown key to bring up the shutdown-options (reboot, suspend, log out, lock, shutdown)?
Thanks again big_smile

Last edited by hunyadix (2016-12-25 23:15:30)

#167 2017-01-13 09:47:29

hunyadix

Hey there again,

After a I upgraded my packages the desktop became almost useless. The system settings disappeared, the hotkeys don't seem to work (for some reason I managed to open up a terminal with ctrl alt t when I logged in, but after about 10 seconds, this was no longer possible, switching workspaces still is possible though via my hotkeys).  I do not seem like having any weird processes running,. but the dde is still very inresponsible. To close the configuration sidebar it takes about 2 minutes...

What can I do to revert my system to a useable state?

#168 2017-01-15 13:29:25

sysengineer

I have just upgraded to version 15.4 and now have issues with the Mouse and Touchpad and Display settings in the Control Center. All other features seem to work ok such as Network, Personalisation, Keyboard etc.

More specifically, the mouse pointer speed doesn't have any effect. All other options such as primary button and double click speed work OK.

Nothing appears to work on the Display settings feature, I run a dual monitor setup and since upgrading to 15.4 the screen arrangement is incorrect but none of the display mode settings work such as Copy, Extend, Custom etc.

Is there a temporary work around for either of these features?

#169 2017-01-16 09:34:27

karabuka

I also have a problem with 15.4: I use dual monitor setup and after the update the settings regarding the monitors are not working. Basically the position of the monitors is reversed and I cannot change it, it is just slightly annoying moving cursor right and appearing on the left monitor smile Anyone knows of a solution or is the fix expected soon?
Thanks

#170 2017-01-16 14:00:51

mrunion
Website

Switch the monitor cords with each other?

Matt

"It is very difficult to educate the educated."

#171 2017-01-16 18:03:21

bmentink

I too have a broken Desktop with 15.4.

For me the volume control does not work, you can no longer scroll the mouse wheel to change volume.
Default applications are all blank, and you can't set them.

Shame the release is so borked .. might have to revert to a previous ..

EDIT: As of a few minutes ago, a new update of the dock made the volume control work again, control paanel volume sttings still not there ,,
and default apps are still not working.

Last edited by bmentink (2017-01-16 19:36:07)

#172 2017-01-17 09:06:16

karabuka

mrunion wrote:

Unfortunately they are not the same type so I'm still stuck in reverse...

#173 2017-01-17 17:41:18

bmentink

karabuka wrote:
mrunion wrote:

Go into /var/cache/pacman/pkg and downgrade your version of deepin-control-center to an older version ... see if that works i.e:

pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/deepin-control-center-3.0.23-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz 

.. you will need to logout/login to pick up the change

Last edited by bmentink (2017-01-17 17:45:04)

#174 2017-01-17 17:58:04

glek

bmentink wrote:
karabuka wrote:
mrunion wrote:

Go into /var/cache/pacman/pkg and downgrade your version of deepin-control-center to an older version ... see if that works i.e:

pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/deepin-control-center-3.0.23-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz 

.. you will need to logout/login to pick up the change

Doing so generates a symbol lookup error when the control center tries to start.

Jan 17 12:54:40 ******* com.deepin.dde.ControlCenter[2556]: /usr/bin/dde-control-center: symbol lookup error: /usr/bin/dde-control-center: undefined symbol: _ZN3Dtk6Widget13DThemeManager15getQssForWidgetE7QString

I'm in the same boat currently when it comes to dual monitors. My monitors are reversed and the control center doesn't show the display settings correctly.

EDIT

As a temporary workaround, you can configure your displays manually as described in https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/multihead#RandR. In my case:

xrandr --output VGA-0 --auto --output DVI-I-1 --auto --left-of VGA-0

Deepin will still get a bit confused about where the task bar is, though. This can be fixed by changing the task bar location and then putting it back to the position you prefer it in (eg: change from bottom to top and back to bottom again).

Last edited by glek (2017-01-17 18:17:40)

#175 2017-01-17 18:49:05

bmentink

Anyone know if Deepin currently runs on Wayland?

In theory it should, as deepin-mutter has wayland support ...

Board footer