You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-05 22:07:15

Zenothestoic

OpenVPN doesn't work (Tunnelbear)

I installed OpenVPN with Tunnelbear following the guide available in the Arch Wiki. It worked just fine the first time, but suddenly it stopped working (the connection was lost after ~10 minutes and when I rebooted the system, it would leak my real IP). I tried stoping and starting the service again, and disabling and enabling the service again with Systemctl, but nothing happened. I also tried removing the service from Systemctl and reinstalling OpenVPN with Tunnelbear, but it didn't work either (it would still leak my real IP). I've seen many people struggling with OpenVPN lastly, maybe it has to do with a bug?

#2 2017-01-16 09:26:54

dowjonce

Re: OpenVPN doesn't work (Tunnelbear)

I’ve never faced with such problem. But if I have any questions about vpn connection, I always write to the technical support. First of all, it’s their product and field of operation so they are obliged to help you. Secondly, it’s absolutely free and does not require any special features. What is more, you can always subscribe for another service. Here you can find a list of free vpns https://www.bestvpnrating.com/vpnrating/best-free-vpn

#3 2017-01-16 10:06:12

SubS0

Re: OpenVPN doesn't work (Tunnelbear)

Zenothestoic, you didn't provide much informations about what happening.

The Tunnelbear wiki seems to bo outdated. Since openvpn 2.4.0 you have to put your config files on /etc/openvpn/client/ and not on /etc/openvpn/ anymore. If your configuration's not updated, service will fail. Read the news.

If it's not the problem, have you tried to connect to you VPN directly by using openvpn /etc/openvpn/client/your_configuration.conf ?
You'll have more information for debuging this way.

Edit : updated the wiki accordingly. Update was not complete. First wiki edit smile

Last edited by SubS0 (2017-01-16 10:29:37)

Board footer