You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-14 05:46:15

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Closing Sysadmin

This was an experiment to create a specific board where more competent and experienced users could post questions and issues that were more complex and challenging.

Unfortunately, almost no-one bothered to read the sticky and so many of the posts here were obviously guided by the thought, "well, this is about administering my system, so I'll put it here..."

Consequently, the staff (mindful of people who susbscribe to particular fora) spent a lot of time and energy moving posts to more appropriate fora. The corollary to this was an uptick in indignant posts/emails of the "why did you move my post to Newbie Corner?" flavour; (the answer, as it almost always is, "because if you haven't read the stickies or the Code of Conduct you are either a newbie or an idiot: which would you prefer us to use?").

So, this board is being locked to new posts. You can still answer any of the existing posts here, but the average user will not be able to open new threads. Developers, TUs, Fellows and staff can open new threads; but as those people rarely do, the experiment is over and the board is effectively shuttered.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#2 2017-01-23 15:02:22

rixz
Website

Re: Closing Sysadmin

Then were should we post some more advanced issues? Currently I am experiencing an issue with the systemd-journald.service on my server. Normally I resolve all of the things by myself and rarely ask help from the community. This time I have no idea how to t-shoot this one.

Big is a matter of perspective.
Remember this, when facing the mountains of the mind.

#3 2017-01-23 16:49:02

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

If it is a server issue, Networking & Servers. Or if you feel it is generic systemd, then Apps & DEs.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#4 2020-09-08 00:23:07

fukawi2
Ex-Administratorino
Website

This forum is now completely closed to new posts and replies.

#5 2021-12-11 21:41:03

Xyne
Administrator/PM
Website

Unstickying this because the forum has been re-opened.

My Arch Linux StuffForum EtiquetteCommunity Ethos - Arch is not for everyone

Board footer