You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-12 10:57:30

pfilz0

nautilus opens on wrong client over ssh

Hi all,

I have a strange problem when multiple ssh connections from different machines are opened to my arch host. Assume that A and B are connecting to C. If I open nautilus on A first, then any try to open nautilus on B will result in the creation of a new nautilus window on A, and on B I get the following error message:

(nautilus:39003): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_dbus_interface_skeleton_unexport: assertion 'interface_->priv->connections != NULL' failed

Any idea what is going wrong here?

#2 2017-02-12 15:31:49

ewaller
Administrator

Re: nautilus opens on wrong client over ssh

Tell us a little more.  It sounds like you are using X forwarding, but you could also be using some for of port forwarding scheme.  In any event, this is clearly not a straight shell session.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2017-02-12 17:34:21

pfilz0

True. I am using X forwarding (ssh -Y). Since I'm doing this at work, the data is being routed across a few gateways, but that might not be the problem since this started happening only recently. Please let me know if I can provide any data that would help narrow down the cause.

#4 2017-02-13 04:22:01

ewaller
Administrator

From each of the two ssh sessions, what are the output of echo $DISPLAY  ?
Verify the machines have unique hostnames.
What happens with simpler programs that are not built on large tool kits like xclock  ?

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---

#5 2017-02-16 15:23:50

pfilz0

The output of echo $DISPLAY shows:
client1: localhost:11.0
client2: localhost:12.0

I tried running xclock and it works fine on both machines. Same with thunar. Nautilus still opens only on the machine where it was started first.

#6 2017-02-16 15:40:59

ewaller
Administrator

I am starting to think this is a GTK3 problem.  Can you try this with another GTK3 program?

---

Board footer