You are not logged in.

#1 2006-06-05 11:49:35

Birdman

CUPS stops my printer?

I have just replaced my HP Desk Jet 5150 with a 5940. The printer is set-up in the CUPS admin section of the web interface and apparently works fine. However, sometimes it doesn't  :?  For example, I printed a page from google maps and then turned the printer off. A few minutes later I decided I needed another page printing so I turned the printer back on and clicked print. The job went into the print spool but when I checked with CUPS the printer had been stopped. Giving my root password and clicking on start worked.

This never happened with my previous printer and I am not sure what is behind this behaviour. Any ideas?

#2 2006-06-06 06:30:11

test1000

Re: CUPS stops my printer?

i think i have the same problem. no i have no solution. tell me if you figure it out smile

KISS = "It can scarcely be denied that the supreme goal of all theory is to make the irreducible basic elements as simple and as few as possible without having to surrender the adequate representation of a single datum of experience." - Albert Einstein

#3 2006-06-06 07:05:33

ScriptDevil

Re: CUPS stops my printer?

i had the problem. Then i found out. You can delete jobs in the cups web interface. Also set ur printer up normally using hp-setup
But u need to have installed Hplip first!.

Be yourself, because you are all that you can be

Board footer