You are not logged in.

#1 2006-06-07 06:56:49

_will

pacman for oudated cvs or svn (aur) packages

would it be useful if pacman looked at locally installed packages with -cvs or -svn endings and printed the current version of a package if it is available in the searched repositories without cvs/svn suffex during a -Syu

perhaps for this to be useful, upon installing a -cvs/svn package, pacman would have to record the current pkg version of the reciprocal version numbered release

for instance, say I have mpd-svn from the aur so it doesn't update with a pacman -Syu. When mpd 11.6 (or whatever the next release is > than current 11.5 will be) I'd be cool if pacman could see the svn package as out of date and then update to the newer package.

Thinking about it: is this addressed in the provides field of a PKGBUILD?  if mpd-svn provides "mpd 11.5", will pacman know to update by replacing the mpd-svn with mpd from current or testing when the version number is > 11.5?

sorry if this is mentioned/questioned/addressed somewhere else. its not something that  i saw containing a searchable term

thanks
    will

#2 2006-06-07 11:41:49

dtw
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: pacman for oudated cvs or svn (aur) packages

cvs/svn support in pacman is way unofficial so it is unlikely that this would be readily incorporated by the dev team.  It's not a bad idea, possibly a bit in practicable though.

#3 2006-06-08 18:52:31

_will

Re: pacman for oudated cvs or svn (aur) packages

ah, makes sense

Board footer