You are not logged in.

#101 2017-03-25 00:39:42

cotko

Re: [libglvnd] libglvnd support for mesa is now in testing

Druedain wrote:

I've got laptop with Intel / Nvidia GPU-s. I'm using Plasma (KDE) and after libglvnd update my system lost ability to use primusrun / bumblebee.

Then I read that removing anything related to nvidia / bumblebee and reinstalling it fixes the problem. I did it and yes I can now use Nvidia card again with bumblebee and primusrun.

The problem is Plasma is still unable to detect Intel GPU or it's capabilities so it starts without any hardware acceleration (means, compositor is not working unless I choose xrender over OpenGL).
So, anybody has this problem? Anybody knows if there is any solution other than downgrading mesa?

Yes, I have same issue, no compositing with intel card, primus works. I didn't find any solution yet, don't even know where to look any more:/

#102 2017-03-25 17:21:53

NevOff

Asus Laptop Intel + Nvidia GPU. After las update cinnamon crashed with error

** (cinnamon-session:653): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-iBHzswJ5nw: В соединении отказано

** (cinnamon-settings-daemon:676): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-iBHzswJ5nw: В соединении отказано

** (cinnamon-launcher:735): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-iBHzswJ5nw: В соединении отказано

(cinnamon:751): GModule-CRITICAL **: g_module_close: assertion 'module->ref_count > 0' failed

(cinnamon:751): GModule-CRITICAL **: g_module_close: assertion 'module->ref_count > 0' failed

(cinnamon:751): Clutter-CRITICAL **: Unable to initialize Clutter: Не удалось инициализировать бэкенд Clutter: не найдено доступных драйверов.
Window manager error: Unable to initialize Clutter.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/cinnamon-launcher", line 53, in <module>
    os.execvp(FALLBACK_COMMAND, (FALLBACK_COMMAND,) + FALLBACK_ARGS)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/os.py", line 559, in execvp
    _execvpe(file, args)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/os.py", line 604, in _execvpe
    raise last_exc.with_traceback(tb)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/os.py", line 594, in _execvpe
    exec_func(fullname, *argrest)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] Нет такого файла или каталога
Gtk-Message: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged.
None: процесс не найден

** (cinnamon-launcher:735): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-iBHzswJ5nw: В соединении отказано

(cinnamon:772): GModule-CRITICAL **: g_module_close: assertion 'module->ref_count > 0' failed

(cinnamon:772): GModule-CRITICAL **: g_module_close: assertion 'module->ref_count > 0' failed

#103 2017-03-31 07:19:07

Kierek

Since glvnd updates I'm unable to start Android Emulator from Android Studio, can anyone confirm?

#104 2017-04-02 11:55:22

josealberto4444

Hi,

I've just discovered this thread, and I have still problems related to this topic. I had posted all info in https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=224550. Could you help me, please?

Thanks in advace.

Last edited by josealberto4444 (2017-04-02 12:00:33)

#105 2017-04-06 09:40:07

guest00

Hello.  After update EGL stopped working.

kwin_x11[1112]: kwin_core: choose config failed
 kwin_x11[1112]: kwin_core: Creating egl surface failed
 kwin_x11[1112]: kwin_core: Failed to initialize compositing, compositing disabled

#106 2017-04-12 16:25:53

isyry

cotko wrote:
Druedain wrote:

I've got laptop with Intel / Nvidia GPU-s. I'm using Plasma (KDE) and after libglvnd update my system lost ability to use primusrun / bumblebee.

Then I read that removing anything related to nvidia / bumblebee and reinstalling it fixes the problem. I did it and yes I can now use Nvidia card again with bumblebee and primusrun.

The problem is Plasma is still unable to detect Intel GPU or it's capabilities so it starts without any hardware acceleration (means, compositor is not working unless I choose xrender over OpenGL).
So, anybody has this problem? Anybody knows if there is any solution other than downgrading mesa?

Yes, I have same issue, no compositing with intel card, primus works. I didn't find any solution yet, don't even know where to look any more:/

rm ~/.config/kwinrc

reboot

#107 2017-04-13 19:38:17

cotko

isyry wrote:

rm ~/.config/kwinrc

reboot

fooo!!!! THANK YOU, it works:)

I wonder how much features I'm missing and how much glitches I have because of such files:/
I also randomly need to rm ~/.local/share/kscreen/* when external display decides to not work or have some weird settings now and then..   I see I'll have to go through all of them and check them:)

edit: I think playing with startplasmacompositor screwed kwinrc and it was not related to libglvnd at all..

Last edited by cotko (2017-04-14 00:16:15)

#108 2017-04-15 21:40:54

abrasmelin

Can someone please tell me how to setup my optimus laptop to work ? A step by step would be really nice.

I have Lenovo Thinkpad p70 workstation laptop with integrated intel hd graphics 530 and nvidia quadro m3000m.

I will install a brand new arch linux today and i want to know what should i do?

Thank you!

#109 2017-04-15 23:36:48

WorMzy
Forum Moderator
Website

Don't hijack threads.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … _hijacking

All you need to know is on the wiki.

Mod note: I think this thread has served its purpose, and libglvnd-enabled mesa has now left testing. Closing.

Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

Board footer