You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-02 08:47:57

bit
Website

Deepin Wifi Applet Doesn't Work WIth NetworkManager

Hi.
I just managed to fresh install arch linux with deepin desktop installed.
I used netctl to connect to wifi and it connected well. And then, i want to switch to NetworkManager, because deepin desktop has it own wifi applet.
NetworkManager cannot connect to WiFi. Therefore, I uninstalled netctl and dhcpcd to avoid conflicts.
I spent many hours. Disable all network-related service, reinstall NetworkManager, so on. Once then i realized, deepi's wifi applet cannot connect to wifi, but nm-applet can.

How did it happen?

Thanks.

Last edited by bit (2018-09-22 19:02:46)

Born as a super user. Arch Linux user since 2016.

#2 2017-08-02 09:19:44

ooo

Re: Deepin Wifi Applet Doesn't Work WIth NetworkManager

nm-applet and deepin's wifi applet are both just frontends for NetworkManager. If you can connect with nm-applet, then NetworkManager itself works fine, and you have issue with deepin desktop's wifi applet. You might want to change the thread title to reflect that.

Also you should better describe what happens when you try to connect, and check journal for errors when the connection fails.

Hopefully someone with more experience with deepin desktop can help with this.
Have fun with your arch install :)

#3 2017-08-02 13:55:17

bit
Website

Re: Deepin Wifi Applet Doesn't Work WIth NetworkManager

ooo wrote:

nm-applet and deepin's wifi applet are both just frontends for NetworkManager. If you can connect with nm-applet, then NetworkManager itself works fine, and you have issue with deepin desktop's wifi applet. You might want to change the thread title to reflect that.

Also you should better describe what happens when you try to connect, and check journal for errors when the connection fails.

Hopefully someone with more experience with deepin desktop can help with this.
Have fun with your arch install smile

Oh, i thought it is NetworkManager errors.
Thanks man!

UPDATE:
I ended up with xfce and satisfied since then.

Last edited by bit (2018-09-22 19:01:29)

Born as a super user. Arch Linux user since 2016.

Board footer