You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-13 18:37:30

whoops

[solved] No internet in android emulator

Hi!

I assume that my virtual android device should get connected to my internet connection out of the box (connected as the emulated wifi & LTE)?

Based on reports from several windows users that had similar sounding problems (e.g. inside the VM: "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG"), I tried:
- "Deactivating all network connections except for the one that has the internet" => "ifconfig eth0 down", since I use wifi / wlan0
- "Disabling the windows firewall and virus scanners" => Stopped iptables for a while, didn't change anything.
- "Running it in Administrator mode" => NOPE. But I checked that the user can read /etc/resolv.conf, which should be enough for android-emulator?
- "Blah blah blah proxy" => Don't have one, nothing to do here?

Couldn't find any error messages or anything. Do I have to set up a network bridge manually or something? I was excepting to find virtual network settings somewhere (like p.E. in vbox)... but there don't seem to be any? No idea how to troubleshoot this.

Last edited by whoops (2017-08-13 21:35:32)

#2 2017-08-13 21:35:15

whoops

Re: [solved] No internet in android emulator

It appears the android emulator stubbornly insists on using ONLY the first nameserver from resolv.conf
Which was my dnsmasq @127.0.0.1
Which was turned off.
I turned it on.
Solved.

Board footer