You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-29 11:09:26

sakishrist

Synchronizing passwords between devices

Hello all,

I was hoping you can assist with the following:

TL;DR: I want to have all my passwords synced between some devices (Linux, Windows, Android). In the best case scenario I would like to be able to update passwords and login credentials from any of the three locations. I am fine with having rw access from linux and read-only access to the password store from the other places. The solution has to be privately managed (by me).

Some more details:

• The one requirement I have is for the store to be managed by me. So solutions like lastpass are not desired.

• I use gnome keyring on linux.

• As long as I can use a password, I don't mind how it's done on the other devices.

Unfortunately I am struggling big time to find anything remotely resembling what I want.

One way I could do it is to use `secret-tool` to export attributes from the keyring and store them into a keepass database that can be used on android and windows. The issue with `secret-tool` is that it does not have a "dump" feature and only relies on search parameters. It seems it's only meant to give you a result if you know what you're looking for.

Thanks in advance smile
Sakis

#2 2017-09-29 14:40:28

Slithery
Administrator

Re: Synchronizing passwords between devices

I use pass in a git repo for my password needs, there are clients available for pretty much everything.

No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

Board footer