You are not logged in.
Hey
I use the `i3wm` stacking manager with `dmenu`.
When executing `thunderbird`, an annoying console starts up alongside the actual thunderbird window:
<code>
[calBackendLoader] Using Thunderbird's builtin libical backend
</code>
So this appears in a separate terminal window, while the thunderbird GUI starts in another.
As my windows are stacked, this is pretty ugly and annoying.
Thanks
Last edited by phonky (2017-12-11 19:10:37)
Offline
How exactly are you starting thunderbird? A terminal, a custom dmenu script, i3-dmenu-desktop or something else?
| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' | alias ENGLISH='LANG=C.UTF-8 ' |
Offline
Hi progandy, thanks for chiming in.
I start it with dmenu from anywhere in the desktop,
so $mod+d and then "navigate" to thunderbird
Offline
And what is the command you assigned to $mod+d? I assume that it is the i3 default of dmenu_run. In that case, what is the output of
$ which dmenu_run
$ cat "$(which dmenu_run)"
$ which thunderbird
$ cat "$(which thunderbird)"Edit: How does this console look? Is it your terminal or is it a thunderbird error console with the selection for e.g. js, css, security on top?
Edit: What happens if you run thunderbird from a terminal window?
Last edited by progandy (2017-12-11 18:43:50)
| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' | alias ENGLISH='LANG=C.UTF-8 ' |
Offline
Hey @progandy
thanks so much for your support!
You helped me identify the issue:
$mod+dactually was mapped to
dmenu_recencyLooking up some docs, I found out that
dmenu_recencyhas some config files:
$XDG_HOME/.config/dmenu-recentwhere there are two files:
background
terminalthunderbird was in terminal; I moved it to
background and the nuisance disappeared!
I guess I must have started thunderbird in terminal mode some time and
dmenu_recencyremembered that decision.
Thanks for helping!
Offline