You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-24 08:05:55

amaroq

Recommended method for loading Advanced Traffic Control Settings

I have an archinux based server recently converted from ubuntu. In the previous system I had a series of iptables and traffic control parameters (/sbin/tc) which I loaded at boot time using a bash script called from rc.local

After moving to archlinux I moved the iptables portion of this script to the /etc/iptables/ directory and am using the iptables service from systemd to load the tables at boot time.

This leaves the traffic control (/sbin/tc) portion of my startup script.  I do not see an equivalent method for loading/restoring traffic control settings described in the archlinux wiki.

I am guess the answer may be to create a custom startup systemd service which is called after iptables.service completes, but I want to make sure there is not a more official way of doing this.

#2 2017-12-24 11:31:18

Slithery
Administrator

Re: Recommended method for loading Advanced Traffic Control Settings

amaroq wrote:

I am guess the answer may be to create a custom startup systemd service which is called after iptables.service completes, but I want to make sure there is not a more official way of doing this.

Correct, creating a systemd service is the proper way to handle this.

No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

#3 2017-12-29 23:02:09

amaroq

Re: Recommended method for loading Advanced Traffic Control Settings

Thank you.

Board footer