You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-13 17:41:23

TuXEKRO
Member
Registered: 2018-01-13
Posts: 4

Out-of-date gparted interface

Hi, I'm new to Arch Linux. They told me that it would be a challenge to install and configure it and the truth is that I'm liking jeje

This has arisen, I have installed the gparted but the interface looks outdated, as in the years 2001.

Do I need a library to see it correctly?

in my arch:
https://i.gyazo.com/738f235d587b59dd146 … 56cbd3.png

Ubuntu:
https://i.stack.imgur.com/8HdoZ.png


For the interface I used Plasma and the GIMP looked the same but I solved it by executing this:

pacman -S breeze-gtk breeze-kde4 kde-gtk-config

https://i.gyazo.com/d9dcc3c403da785b39d … 39ef37.png

Thanks in advance!

PD: I'm sorry if you do not understand me, I'm using Google translator.

Last edited by TuXEKRO (2018-01-13 18:18:49)

Offline

#2 2018-01-13 17:50:10

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
From: :wq
Registered: 2008-12-01
Posts: 10,734
Website

Re: Out-of-date gparted interface

gparted in our repos is up-to-date.  I suspect your WM/theming to be the differences.

Offline

#3 2018-01-13 17:53:56

Slithery
Administrator
From: Norfolk, UK
Registered: 2013-12-01
Posts: 5,776

Re: Out-of-date gparted interface


No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

Offline

#4 2018-01-13 17:56:02

Scimmia
Fellow
Registered: 2012-09-01
Posts: 13,729

Re: Out-of-date gparted interface

gparted is a GTK2 program. Set whatever GTK2 theme you want. Also make sure the way you're starting it preserves the set theme.

Offline

#5 2018-01-13 17:59:44

TuXEKRO
Member
Registered: 2018-01-13
Posts: 4

Re: Out-of-date gparted interface

I have installed the latest version of GIMP yes.

For the Plasma interface I downloaded the plasma-desktop is the minimum installation.

Offline

#6 2018-01-13 18:10:54

jasonwryan
Anarchist
From: .nz
Registered: 2009-05-09
Posts: 30,426
Website

Re: Out-of-date gparted interface

Read the Code of Conduct and only post thumbnails http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Cod … s_and_code


Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Offline

#7 2018-01-13 18:52:06

TuXEKRO
Member
Registered: 2018-01-13
Posts: 4

Re: Out-of-date gparted interface

jasonwryan wrote:

Read the Code of Conduct and only post thumbnails http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Cod … s_and_code

Okay sorry




Scimmia wrote:

gparted is a GTK2 program. Set whatever GTK2 theme you want. Also make sure the way you're starting it preserves the set theme.

I have placed the following line in the file '/usr/share/gtk-2.0/gtkrc' as it puts on the wiki, but I get this error.

GTK2_RC_FILES=/usr/share/themes/Breeze-Dark/gtk-2.0/gtkrc gparted

Error opening gparted:

/usr/share/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:5: error: unexpected character '/', expected number (integer)

Offline

#8 2018-01-13 19:05:12

ayekat
Member
Registered: 2011-01-17
Posts: 1,634

Re: Out-of-date gparted interface

Welcome to Arch Linux.

TuXEKRO wrote:

I have placed the following line in the file '/usr/share/gtk-2.0/gtkrc' as it puts on the wiki, [...]

I believe you are referring to the "Themes" section. Please read it more carefully, because this is not what it tells you (hint: it tells you to set an environment variable).

See also the other sections in that article for how to choose a GTK+ theme (and other settings) more persistently.


pkgs │ hacks │ cfg │ blag

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB