You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-09 20:30:49

rogue_ronin

NFS mounts stopped working

Has there been a change somewhere that would stop systemd from allowing access to NFS shares?

Had this up and running for months, then something changed after an update.  Here is one of eight entries in my /etc/fstab:

# katarina on minerva NAS
minerva.local.lan:/export/katarina			/mnt/openmediavault/katarina	nfs	users,auto,x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.device-timeout=10,timeo=14,noatime	0		0

Permissions on the server haven't changed either  -- access is allowed to my computer's specific ip address.

Now when I boot, the mounts are made properly (I think) as details are displayed correctly via df for instance.

The folders in the /mnt/openmediavault directory are completely unaccessible when I explore them via command-line or file-manager.  I get "permission denied" warnings whenever I try to view the folders -- regardless of whether I am root or my regular user.

I have no idea how to determine where the problem may be.  My flailings with systemctl status and [journalctl -xe] have been fruitless.

#2 2017-12-09 20:37:26

Slithery
Administrator

Re: NFS mounts stopped working

Search for some of the recent threads about NFS problems, support for NFSv1 shares has been dropped with the default settings. This may be causing your issue.

No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

#3 2017-12-09 20:48:19

rogue_ronin

I've spent the last two hours searching the forums.  Most people seem to have trouble mounting the filesystems.

I cannot seem to find anyone else that has similar issues of having the mounts succeed, but not even the root user having access to the filesystems.

This seems like a configuration issue to me; perhaps something changed in the way that systemd mounts NFS shares?

#4 2017-12-09 20:55:00

loqs

@slithery I thought that was smb and linux 4.13?

#5 2018-01-10 02:34:08

gps1539

What does 'showmount -e minerva.local.lan' report?
What happens if you manually mount 'sudo mount minerva.local.lan:/export/katarina /mnt/some-mount-point?
Do you have another client that can mount the share and read/write into it?

my guess is that the share on your openmediavault has an issue i.e. permissions changed on the exported volume or how it is exported or the volume/openmediavault has an issue.

#6 2018-01-23 22:42:41

glennph93

This might help with my latest update my nfs mounts stopped connecting to my old pogoplug debian box. The current nfs-utils stop trying to connect after trying ver 4.2 then 4.1. My server must not work higher than 4.0. Had to add this to my fstab.

debian:/storage /media/storage nfs4 vers=4.0 ,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr,noauto,x-systemd.automount 0 0

vers=4.0 being key

On a side note:I also found another issue when editing my fstab. Gnome crashes every time I edit/save it.

Board footer