You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-07 20:12:46

d.hensen

traffic control: trying to remove qdisc fails

I have been reading about using a token bucket filter to limit my upload bandwidth for my desktop only.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ad … ic_control

The first thing to do is remove the existing root qdisc using this command (applied to my interface instead of the example one):

sudo tc qdisc del dev enp3s0 root

This fails with:

RTNETLINK answers: No such file or directory

No idea what file it is talking about, I ran it again with strace. First lines of output:

execve("/usr/bin/tc", ["tc", "qdisc", "del", "dev", "enp3s0", "root"], 0x7ffd65eaa7f8 /* 18 vars */) = 0
brk(NULL)                               = 0x559f14741000
access("/etc/ld.so.preload", R_OK)      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
openat(AT_FDCWD, "/etc/ld.so.cache", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 3
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=216671, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 216671, PROT_READ, MAP_PRIVATE, 3, 0) = 0x7efdd26f3000
close(3)
...more and more..

I don't have /etc/ld.so.preload .... can anybody tell me what I need to install/symlink/whatever in order to use tc? Is tc still used in 2018 or am I missing something?

What I am ultimately trying to do is limit the upload bandwidth generated by siad (siacoin daemon) on port 9981 for my desktop only. My router does not have advanced options so that is not an option. I have tried using trickle to no success.. bandwidth still maxes out leaving all internet in the house useless. I guess because siad is a golang statically linked library... So I ended up at using tc, but that I can't even remote root qdisc.

Disclaimer: I never used tc.

#2 2018-02-08 21:14:28

lo1

Re: traffic control: trying to remove qdisc fails

If I'm getting it right, RNETLINK is just telling you that there is no qdisc being used and that you can simply proceed with the next step. Have you already tried adding a qdisc with tc anyway or did you just got stuck there?

Board footer